Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: An Update and a Big Thank You

Post Thanks / Like

Default An Update and a Big Thank You

We want to thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Paul's grandpa has amazed the doctors these past few days. We were really afraid that we would be going to his funeral, but, by Saturday he was speaking slowly and gaining more motor control. The neurologist seemed pretty astounded at his progress and they've started phys. therapy. Grandpa told us that the Lord wasn't finished with him yet. This experience has truly taught me the power of prayer. Grandma will heal from her head wound, but Alzheimers continues to take its toll on her. They are both still in the hospital, but out of danger. To top it all off, Paul's Mom ended up in the emergency room while we were headed home. It seems that she has had some sort of attack involving her pancreas and possibly her spleen as well. They're keeping her until they figure out exactly what's going on. What are the chances of having 3 or your loved ones all in the hospital at the same time?!?

It's a good thing we've got the crappie.com family to keep us sane! So, thank you all!!!
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to hear everything is working good for him.

Prayer does work.

I'll let you in on an answered prayer of mine. Last April 2004, my step father complained of not being able to swallow very good. He went to the doctors several times and they never found anything. Why they did not order test run is another story. However, he had throat cancer..2nd time now...the tumor got so big he could not swallow his spit,much less eat. So the doctor told him his best chance is to go home with pain medication and die. You have six months to live. So in January of this year, he had a feeding tube put in his side,was given all the radiation he could have..being that he had already has been given radition in that area. And 6 treatments of chemo. The doctor also told him that no way he was going to operate because the tumor was so large, he would have to remove to much of his neck and throat to get it all and was afraid he would paralize him do to that it was to close to his spine. After the treatments,he could not talk.

Today, he is doing great. Talking good,eating food, and even doing some yard work. Gaining weight slowly, He lost 80 pounds,but he is a big man and luckly he had weight to lose. He went to the doctor last week...there was no tumor to be found. Where did the tumor go? Beats me. It might come back next week,who knows. He went to the doctor to see when they were going to start his chemo and I bet the doctor was dumbfounded. Anyway, I said all that to say there is a God, his name is Jesus. He just performed another miracle.

While he can eat his own food, I took him about 15 pounds of crappie and catfish.

Post Thanks / Like

Praise God....absolutely amazing.
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Healing By Jesus

God never changes, I love to hear these stories of Gods love for us! May he always recieve the praise he is worthy of.Mrs. Crappie Stalker satan knows he has but a short time, Don't be surprised at anything that comes your way. But God will take what he does to try and hurt you and make something good out of it. Gods Blessings To All! Jimmy S.
    Last edited by JimmyS; 05-23-2005 at 07:28 AM. Reason: correct spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Mrs. Stalker;; Praise the Lord, I'm glad to see everybody's improving. God does answer prayers. Some times God allows things to happen in our lives that we can't make any sense of, But there's is a purpose. Sometimes the trails & temptaions we go though, are for our on good,It helps us to rely on God for every need.That's what God ask's of us to have faith in him and he will carry our heavy load. He ask's us to carry our neighboors load. To Love thy neighboor as thyself,( which sometimes is hard to do) But We have to ask God to forgive us, and set our minds sraight again. Jesus said for if you have done it unto the least of these, you have done it unto me.
    ( I too have a prayer request) My Sister in-law ( Maggie) has a brain tumor and the doctors have done all they can, she is in the last stages, So if yall would please Pray that the Lord would take care of this need, and if it be his will too call her home, that she not suffer, And pray for the family too get though this time, We have a few that are not saved by grace, but as i said God has a plan for everything just have faith & trust in him.
    GOD Bless,
    ''Mark" crappielips