Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville 10-14

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 10-14

Had to get away from work before I lost my mind so I picked up my Father and hit the docks @ Smithville. I wanted to take the boat because my buddy has been roasting them on flats the last week but the old man was not wanting to get wet. We started fishing @ 9:30 and quit @ 2:30. The keepers were few and far between. We managed 18 from 9 1/2 to 11 1/2. I would bet everything I have that we must of caught 250 fish! It was a ball! At first they were pretty scattered. We would catch 5 or 6 at a slip, go to the next and do the same. We were getting ready to leave when I decided to throw and drag a open slip nearest the bank. It was on! Every cast we caught fish for nearly a hour. Even caught two white bass near 3 lbs. The water was maybe 10' there and they were stacked like cord wood. It was truly a great pleasure to catch that many fish with my father. Not a bunch of keepers but a trip with dad I will never forget. The only thing better is if my son would of been with us.

My buddy has been smoking them on main lake flats in 10-12' throwing and dragging. He has been catching really nice fish for a week now. It did not matter what you were throwing yesterday. Dad was using a 1/32 oz yellow hair hig and I was throwing 1/8 oz head with slab busters.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing the docks-is the ice fishing dock open to walk on?
    can you explain in a little more detail for this dumb-azz?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I was fishing the little platte docks. We were on the docks walking the slips.
    I will send a PM also

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day.

Post Thanks / Like

Basscat, would you mind forwarding me on that PM to cook? I just moved to KC and live north of the river, I would like to get out to smithville next weekend. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

now that sounds like a fun time and good eating also later man

Post Thanks / Like

Hey "Hawg"... There are a handfull of northlanders on the board most of whom fish Smithville when they can't devote a weekend to a road trip. ... I'm one of them... Would like to meet some of the others. Maybe we should have a "Dinkfest"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Nortland Crappie.commers for the last 3 years from mid October thru early December I've done very well on crappie near the bank on the rock in about 5-8ft of water standing on the Little Platte Marina walkway right in front of the marina. Last year between late October and mid November I waded on the rocks and caught limits in 45 mins to an hour on different ocassions. Now they don't allow you to fish there so I'll try to cast to the outside slips near the bank and see if i can be as lucky. I plan on trying them this weekend, if I'm so lucky to get out and do so I'll report good or bad.

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, I did most of my damage in the afternoon from 2PM to about dusk.