Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Gaston Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Gaston Question

Good Afternoon NC Friends,
    I have never fished for crappie in Gaston before and I was wondering how many of you folks have and what were your experiences. I do not believe I have ever read anything on here about LG, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Tight lines to all.:D

Sorry, I did a search and found some information; however, doing a quick scan it did not look good. So, if there is anything at all that you folks can share I will appreciate it.
    Last edited by Rapprunner; 10-14-2008 at 05:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Holy Smokers! I do not think I have seen a report on that lake since I have been comming here to c.com! Sad thing is that lake is less then an hour from my house too. :S I am courious to know how you do if you go - maybe I'll take a trip up there this fall
    -REDBOAT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REDBOAT View Post
    Holy Smokers! I do not think I have seen a report on that lake since I have been comming here to c.com! Sad thing is that lake is less then an hour from my house too. :S I am courious to know how you do if you go - maybe I'll take a trip up there this fall
    -REDBOAT

I am going, so I will let you know how it pans out!

Wish me luck.:D

Post Thanks / Like

I've fished Gaston for cats, white pearch and bream, but not crappie...yet. I have friends who fish it for crappie though. From what they tell me, the fingers on the north side of the lake from Lizard Creek east (toward Roanoake Rapids Dam) is pretty good fishing. Good luck and let us know how it went.

Post Thanks / Like

The Eyes are stocked in there. There is a board for that lake also. I believe its Http://www.fishlakegaston.com

Post Thanks / Like

Well, very first thing Saturday morning we found a dock that had ~13' water under it, right on the edge of a drop down to 18'. Started out with minnows under the slip float. Second dock post I throw to and immediatley the float goes under----NICE FISH. At first I thought it was a "greenie" but then I saw it, GOOD GOLLY. Got it in the boat, 1 lb 13 oz. & 14.25" long. Darn, missed the citation by 3 ounces. Ok, we are off to a good start---NOT. We did not catch another crappie all day! I tried everything but to no avail. Then yesterday the wind was howling so we didn't even try.

Water temp was ~67 degrees, wind out of the north @ way too much!

Oh well, it was my biggest crappie yet so all was not lost. I did mark some good stuff with 997. I will have to try Gaston again----that can't be the only crappie in there.