Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cheddar Mouth

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cheddar Mouth

The fish had cheddar mouth this morning. First of all it seemed like the bite was slower this morning, but the ones I hooked didn't want to come into the boat. Ended up with 8 keepers and should have had at least 3 or 4 more over 12 inches. Lots of small fish. I did notice one of my hooks was dull but i sharpened it. They were biting a little more picky today anyway so I'm sure that didn't help. Fished at farrington point for two hours. May try for a night stalk in the next couple days since the moon is full. All fish were caught on jigs, with the blue/chart grub being best early then they started hitting the "acid rain" w/ a fish or two on the John deere. Good luck yall

Post Thanks / Like

I Feel Your Pain On The Bite, Whompus. We Had A Bunch Come Unglued Two Weeks Ago. Still Eight Keepers Is Dinner At My House. Good Job.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice day to be on the lake!! What depths have you been catching them??
    Thanks, skm.

Post Thanks / Like

skm, i have been fishing about 12' in about 18' of water. Fished again this afternoon and even slower than this morning. I think the fish are moving out of the area i'm fishing because others are doing good on other parts of the lake. I picked my girlfriend up at the ramp and took her to the bridge after dark. She caught a 13 1/2" crappie and a few throwbacks and that was it. Thinking about trying around Ebenezer thursday night.