Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Back in the day threat story.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Back in the day threat story.

Back through high school I fished nearly every weekend, fishing tournaments with the Riverdale Bass Club, and doing some guiding. Guiding mainly took place on Lake Lanier(stipers) and West Point(bass). On West Point I fished out of the main marina, can't remember the name now, but that is mainly where I fished out of. Anyway, I fished a lot like the guides were doing using live shad, casting nets in the morning, and live bait rigging rods on the ledges and brush piles. Caught tons of fish and the folks I brought with me had lots of fun.

On to the point of the story. I normally don't keep many bass, but every now and then I would take a couple home from West Point. On one particular trip I decided to bring back about 12 lbs of bass, 3 fish. I stopped by the bait store/gas station located close to the main marina and got a couple bags of ice for the ride back to Atlanta. Apparently the owner there was somehow connected to the guides and believed I was keeping huge amounts of fish doing the same thing the guides were, and he took it on himself to notify certain people.

On my next trip and the one after that on getting my boat ready at the marina I have people approach me and tell me my tires are going to get knifed, truck burned and my boat sunk. I guess the guides were going to be the ones to do this as they were rather unhappy with me fishing the same way they did and keeping a few fish. I never fished West Point much more after that, as my truck was broken into not too long after that but at a different upriver ramp. Anyway , not much point to the story other than that some people are *******s.

Bill3508

Post Thanks / Like

Bill
    Some people just can't take a joke, sounds like those guides were some real jerks i am not sure what business it was of the owner of the marina how much fish you kept sounds like he was sticking his nose in where it didn't belong. Just my point of view.

To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required.
    To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it was Highland Marina at West point, though the pictures look a lot nicer than it did 12+ years ago. I don't know if things are the same over there still but if anything keep your fishing success to yourself. Not really much you can do on the water as far as that goes, but off the water maybe stay clear of locals.

Just now getting back into fishing, and going to start crappie fishing Sinclair and Oconee.

Bill3508

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I've been thinking about this ever since I first read it -
    I believe I'd be bad tempted to ask whoever told me that was gonna
    happen who they were, and write it down in front of them, put it in my
    pocket.
    If they asked why, I'd tell them, if any of this happens, YOU are gonna
    be the first one I come looking for.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association