Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2" Pumpkinseed grub?

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2" Pumpkinseed grub?

A buddy at work asked where he could get some. I did a little looking and didn't see what he was asking for. What he calls pumpkinseed is a brown grub with black flecks. Motor oil maybe. Same color from head to tail.

Anybody know of such a monster?

Thanks,

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

Charlie Brewer's Slider Company carries a grub like that. Take a look at their "pumpkin/black flake" here:

Charlie Brewer's Slider Company Inc. - 1-800-762-4701; 931-762-4700

They don't have a 2" grub, but you could pinch an inch off one of the 3" grubs.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Hey Dayton ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger690 View Post
    A buddy at work asked where he could get some. I did a little looking and didn't see what he was asking for. What he calls pumpkinseed is a brown grub with black flecks. Motor oil maybe. Same color from head to tail.
    Anybody know of such a monster?
    Thanks,
    Dayton
    Big diff between Motor Oil & Pumpkinseed ...

Does he want a curly tail grub, or is he looking for something with a paddletail, flat tail, straight tail, or is he calling a solid body tube ... a "grub"
    Give us that info, or even the brand name of what he used ... that he's looking to purchase replacements for ... and we should be able to fix him up.

If he's just looking for a curlytail grub in brown w/blk flakes ... check these out : Barlows Tackle Shop: Browsing 1 1/2 Inch Panfish Grub - Solid Colors --- notice that #98 is called Pumpkin Pepper - #99 is called Rootbeer Pepper - while #66 is called Motor Oil Glitter. Their "motor oil" is a little bit more on the "red" side, than what I'm used to (at least according to the picture). Motor Oil, to me, is more on the greenish side. :p

If it's not a curlytail he's looking for ... check these others : Soft plastic grubs. and see if any of them fit the bill.

If none of the above ... let us know, and we'll research further.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Berkely make both the Gulp! Alive! and the original Powerbait in the pumkinseed color. They vary from 1.5" crappie grubs to 4" grubs. (Cabelas sells both)

Cabela's -- Berkley Gulp! Crappie Jigging Grubs

PJ35
    Son of Racoon, Friend of whiskerwhipper, FHB to all.

Post Thanks / Like

pumkinseed color can vary widely in shade, and yes I do know a small outfit that makes 2 1/2 inchers in that color kinda dark in shade also a 1 1/2 incher in appleseed which is a pumpkinseed with several colors of flake. the company is called wrights bait company, and he's a super guy, I'll look for a website or somethin. I use the 2 1/2 size most, great action. also the bass assassin in the pumpkinseed color is a real killer fished like a culytail, it has a lighter colored belly.

Post Thanks / Like

I think this might be what he wants. Mann's from Cabelas. I just sent him a link.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Mann's Bait Company - Fished Around the World for Over 50 Years!

i use these and the pumpkin pepper and watermelon are good baits for me. 2" and 3"

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much every company that makes plastics makes a pumpkin/pumpkinseed/black flake grub.

Mister Twister, Berkley minnow grub, Kalins, Berkley powerbait, BPS, I'm sure there are others.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 10-15-2008 at 04:58 AM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the pic I just posted was going to be it, but, upon further review, it is not avalible in 2".

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

ranger690,
    that grub is identicle to wright bait co. grubs, because he gets his from manns too, actually an offshoot from manns co. anyway they are very soft and work at the slowest speeds. the 2" is more like 1 1/2, and the 1" is not worth trying, you have to reel it too fast to work the tail. wrights will sell in bulk too. I see he has the blue mocossin in the 2 1/2, which is an absolute killer on bass in va. just google the wrightbait.com or wrights bait co. he is a retired electronic tech. from nasa. cant renember his name tho.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast