Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: For Crappie Nibble Users

Post Thanks / Like

Default For Crappie Nibble Users

I posted this on another Forum....thought I'd share it here. For years I wouldn't fish a jig without a Crappie Nibble on it. I got away from it in the last few years, due mostly to the fact that I started fishing a lot of the Yum plastic baits with the cooked in attracttrant.

Lately I've been back on my handtied jigs and on a steady pattern of brushpiles and standing timber. A couple of weeks ago, I knew I was on fish but I was not catching many and getting a lot of "short strikes". I was fishing a solid gray feather jig and so I cut off a small section of a white Yum solid tube and put it on the hook just like a nibble. The results were immediate! The fish were latching on the jig with some scent added. The piece of Yum lasted a lot longer than a nibble, I would change it when I thought I needed some fresh scent. They reallly worked well for me, you can get several pieces off of one bait, and they are waaaay less messy.
    Future member of any forum deathb4disco moderates.

Member of Wally Marshall's Mr. Crappie Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Sound like a good idea and if it works that would be a great way to eliminate the pockadots on the deck of my boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mr. Plucker

Post Thanks / Like

Great. And I bet you don't have to put them in your mouth when they dry out! :D
    The only way to have a good fishing spot is to make it yourself!

fishing buddy is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good idea....gonna have try that

www.slabcrappieguides.com
    Hi Tek Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Baits

Post Thanks / Like

Never thought of that. Thanks for the idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yeah

hey i have been using gulp waxies and tipping jigs for awhile i like them a lot also especially the chartreuse ones or taking a small lead head jig about the size of the ones that come with crappie magnets or a tiny bit bigger and using the gulp waxies threading them on the jig to make the body and then using half a waxie to tip it off

but what you have done sounds a little better maybe because you can make a lot more small pieces from a pace of gulp worms than what comes in a pack

also i have found a deadly combo i think they are called fish fry from gulp i use a couple different colors i like the pearl/white or the natural color they look like a small minnow with tons of action with hardly having to move then and i alway tip them with waxies and they last through multiple fish about every time and not messy at all also if you buy the lil buckets of gulp save the formula to either chum or soak other baits in to give them a little flavor you can also just put used ones back in and use them again later
    is that a bite...YEAH FISH DONT HAVE HANDS

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich Maker View Post
    I posted this on another Forum....thought I'd share it here. For years I wouldn't fish a jig without a Crappie Nibble on it. I got away from it in the last few years, due mostly to the fact that I started fishing a lot of the Yum plastic baits with the cooked in attracttrant.

Lately I've been back on my handtied jigs and on a steady pattern of brushpiles and standing timber. A couple of weeks ago, I knew I was on fish but I was not catching many and getting a lot of "short strikes". I was fishing a solid gray feather jig and so I cut off a small section of a white Yum solid tube and put it on the hook just like a nibble. The results were immediate! The fish were latching on the jig with some scent added. The piece of Yum lasted a lot longer than a nibble, I would change it when I thought I needed some fresh scent. They reallly worked well for me, you can get several pieces off of one bait, and they are waaaay less messy.

Good idea.

Plastic holds minners on good too. I will try the scented stuff. I usually bite off a curly tail piece (nibble size) to help hold minners on (I hook em thru the eyes). Don't think I will bite on the scented ones.

I just got a jar of Teet pink nibbles. They work, but I got nibble juice in my new boat carpet already.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nibbles

Prolly have a hard time finding those up here in yankee land--
    Sounds like a great ideal--I,ve been opening my nibbles and spreading them out to harden them a little --still usin the bait pump on tubes [works great]
    I can get the stain out of carpet with spot remover from auto-supply stores
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

i had got a few buckets of the gulp minnows... once the minnows ran out i was left with ton of juice i just took bags and pput some juice in with all my jigheads,tails and tubes...dont need to worry bout nothing else doing it that way... one thing tho dont just dump a bunch of different collored jigs in the empty bucket, the colors of certain cheap curly tails and tubes will run and you will have a mess... all you need is bout a teaspoon of juice for a large bag of tails or tubes