Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tour De Toon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tour De Toon

Thought I'd show off my old Pontoon that I got early this spring. The work I would like to do is not done but I think I have a good start. Here are a few pics, any suggestions will be appreciated.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    The logo "Semper Fi" is not on it yet, but will be as soon as I decide on the font and color I want.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    This is the 24 volt Minnkota on the bow with battery boxes, note the 50 amp breaker above the boxes. There is a Minnkota onboard battery charger attached, it is just inside the rail behind the batteries under one of the seats.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    This is the drivers seat, soon to be remodeled into a single seat with a large bait/livewell below. (If I can catch the wife not looking) It's wasted space right now, my butts big, maybe even huge.....but it ain't that huge.

------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is a shot of the console looking towards the back of the boat. The Lowrance 332c is mounted on a RAM gimbal mount so I can see it easily from anywhere in the boat. The blue box on the left is old ice cube tray that I mounted on top of the console as a catch-all for my more important items......needle nose, Fiskars scissors, Cigs & lighter, grubs, beer caps, sun glasses, etc. The PVC pipe is the temporary mounting for the GPS receiver, depending if I have the bimini top up or down determines where I place the receiver. If I had my choice, the couch in the back would disappear and there would be two downriggers instead. But then I would probably lose the boat in the divorce that would take place.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is my setup for my starter and auxilliary battery complete with selector switch and onboard charger. Note the duct tape on the positive posts....Illinois law maintains you must cover one of the posts on each battery. Yawn...

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here is the transducer mount on the front of the toon, so I can see what I'm getting ready to hit rather than what I already hit. I have a second transducer on the back of the left pontoon to see all the fish I didn't catch.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    And last but not least.....here is de POT on de TOON for de PEOPLE dat can't HANG wit de BIG DOGS.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I see we have good power. Spotted a radio speaker, assumes that works. Have a pivotal fish finder. Have a place for the GPS(that is a must). Only question I personally have is where is the beer cooler? Don't need the "pot". Country boy here so if we are really far from the bank, well, nevermind, but if we are close to shore, any given tree will do. FATBOY

Post Thanks / Like

Great post, VV68! You've put in some work on that baby. Thanks for the tour. I like the "Semper Fi" tag, what would it look like in Marine camo, or olive drab?

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is I am jealous. I want a pontoon so bad its not funny. Just not in the cards right now. Nice boat!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Semper What ? ......LMAO .... shouldn't that be "Be All You Can BE " , oops sorry showing my age what's the new recruiting slogan ? " An Army of One" , I personally hate that one myself .... I always was taught to depend on my buddy just as he depended on me .

I guess Semper FI will do there buddy

( DM mutters under his breath ------------> " Dang Jarhead" ) :-) :-P

If you run across a 16 or 18' one of those give me a shout would ya ...I'm thinking of upgrading ( I have to ) and may give a short bus a chance !! :D
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I know what ya mean about the sun deck on the back, its just in the way! After the wife cleaned the mildew a couple of times I showed her how easy it was to remove all tthe seats. It sure gives you a lot more room for all the other things thats necessary for fishing. I'm thinking about building a 7' lockable-insulated storage and rod box on the left side where the seats were. I mounted led lights under the foredeck for night fishing to shine straight down. The led lights use about a tenth of what regular bulbs use. They are expensive though. Heres a couple of pics I took today after a day of fishing. I don't care how much room you have, it sure can get cluttered.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    Well, I see we have good power. Spotted a radio speaker, assumes that works. Have a pivotal fish finder. Have a place for the GPS(that is a must). Only question I personally have is where is the beer cooler? Don't need the "pot". Country boy here so if we are really far from the bank, well, nevermind, but if we are close to shore, any given tree will do. FATBOY
    Yes, the previous owner had installed a surround sound (4 speakers) radio and CD player, the bad news is I only have one CD and it only has the Marine's Hymn on it. (42 times)

The beer cooler is species specific and is loaded previous to departure. If I'm just spending the day the beer ration for me is light. I can't imagine trying to get this loaded on the trailer in a 35 mph wind while I'm three sheets in the wind....let alone pulling her home. Now if it's an all night'er and Catfish or Crappie specific and I intend to anchor in one place, the beer ration has a moderate to heavy value.

"Don't need the "pot""
    LOL....if you can't hang ten, u gonna pee on de rail....if you can't hang four, u gonna pee on de carpet. If you can't hang nuth'in u better use de pot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by labill
    Great post, VV68! You've put in some work on that baby. Thanks for the tour. I like the "Semper Fi" tag, what would it look like in Marine camo, or olive drab?
    Thought about the camo but would'nt stand out enough.
    The basic Marine colors when in training and not in the field are Red and Gold/Yellow, it will probably be red rimmed with gold.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DmDuck
    Semper What ? ......LMAO .... shouldn't that be "Be All You Can BE " , oops sorry showing my age what's the new recruiting slogan ? " An Army of One" , I personally hate that one myself .... I always was taught to depend on my buddy just as he depended on me .

I guess Semper FI will do there buddy

( DM mutters under his breath ------------> " Dang Jarhead" ) :-) :-P

If you run across a 16 or 18' one of those give me a shout would ya ...I'm thinking of upgrading ( I have to ) and may give a short bus a chance !! :D
    Duck, don't make me come over there and give you a Marine Corps history lesson!

Proudly echoed by Marines everywhere, "Semper Fi" is a constant reminder of devotion to Corps and Country. Two simple words held more closely by Marines than any outsider can understand, "Semper Fidelis" means "always faithful." Translated from Latin, it is the official Marine Corps motto.

When I was young I thought about joining the Army.....then decided on the Cub Scouts.

Post Thanks / Like

Some good ideas there screwdriver...
    Is that a Sylvan? (MFG.)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver
    I know what ya mean about the sun deck on the back, its just in the way! After the wife cleaned the mildew a couple of times I showed her how easy it was to remove all tthe seats. It sure gives you a lot more room for all the other things thats necessary for fishing. I'm thinking about building a 7' lockable-insulated storage and rod box on the left side where the seats were. I mounted led lights under the foredeck for night fishing to shine straight down. The led lights use about a tenth of what regular bulbs use. They are expensive though. Heres a couple of pics I took today after a day of fishing. I don't care how much room you have, it sure can get cluttered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast