Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reels

Post Thanks / Like

Default reels

I just bought my first 10 fT crappie rod. I need to know what kind of reel you guys like best for these dipping sticks.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally i use a small spinning reel,any cheap reel with a good drag is all that is needed for a jigpole.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Cabela's -- Shakespeare® Dimension™/Cabela's Tourney Trail™ Spring Combo

reel model 5025

the reels themselves are 39.99, might as well get a free pole out of it. These reels are absolutely awesome. At least model number 5025. They have 9 or 10 ball bearings depending on the model. They are so smooth and so easy and durable. these are literally the best reels I have ever owned. Read the reviews and decide for yourself.

I normally do not recommend products to folks cause I am almost always sure someone has something better and cheaper but not this time

these reels are awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

Like Bugs said small with a good drag. if your just dipping trees & stumps all the real is good for is holding line. We use the Quantum Engery PT10 which is overkill for a dipping rod.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with bugs and JJ. I usually use the Quantun Kenetic PT10's or Plueger president. If you dont want to drop that kind of money the Wally Marshall signature reels would be just fine.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look at some of the shimano in the plastic bubble packs. The drag seems to be as good as some of the higher end models I have. You usally don't use the drag much unless you get a catfish or a bass on the long rod takes a lot of the stress of the line.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to cdc,,,i agree with the other recommendations stated but if you are just getting into this deal the cost of a cheaper reel may out-way the more expensive one,,i most often just go to wally world because then if it goes for a swim iam not out to much jmo,,,fuzzy
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

If you're just startin' out. Get ya an inexpensive Shimano Sidestab in the bubble pack. I have some that are better than 5 years old on my ultralite I've been casting for years and never had to strip them apart and clean them.

A couple years ago I changed to baitcasters on my jigging rods. This way I can fish a rod in each hand and let/out or take in line one handed. They also don't tend to tangle up as much as the spinning rodes when I have eight rigged poles stacked together.

I usually pick up used reels at Bass Pro or on Ebay.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all for the good advice. I think i am ready to go buy a reel.

Post Thanks / Like

The Mitchell 308 is a good reel for long poling. Smooth action and a good drag.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast