Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Georgia Power land fill at Lake Sinclair !!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Georgia Power land fill at Lake Sinclair !!!!!!

The E.P.A. is requiring Georgia Power to create a land fill to dispose of Flew Scribble. They plan to put this in a land fill on 140 acres behind the power plant on Lake Sinclair. This land fill will hold 450 tons of Gipson. The Gipson contains Arsenic, Salaam and Mercury.
    It will be 210 feet from the lake. This has been approved by the E.P. A.

They are going before the Commissioners to ask for approval on Tuesday the 21st of October. There will be a meeting at the Twin Bridges fire station to discuss this problem. Billy Webster and the people from Georgia Power will be there. The meeting will be at 6:00 Tuesday the 14th of October.

For more information go to the Forrest Lake Village website which is: forrestlakevillage.net.

I will not be able to attend, but I think that as many of us as possible should.
    Were Burning Day light

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Man, that's not good. Why would they even consider allowing or even doing that ,makes no sense at all. I assume that's coal waste ,ash,by product? I will let everyone know, that I know up there.
    Last edited by Outlaw1&2; 10-13-2008 at 08:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I live directly across the lake (Sinclair)from the present Ga.Power Plant Harley Branch ash pond. It has been there for 40 years and I have never observed any ill effects. After all the EPA has put Ga. Power through over the last 50 years, it will probably not hurt the environment. If the EPA approves the project, it must be O.K.

Post Thanks / Like

Default EPA history

Well dont know if you ever dealt with the EPA on a personal level or not but I have had a little dealings with them. Mine wern't good. I was told that my well water was safe to drink.Ya I guess it was at one time before it got contaminated .Both my parents have had cancer,There next door neighbor died of cancer,I lived right down the road ,my neighbor died of cancer,his horse died of cancer,the doctor that lived two doors down died of cancer.All had one thing in common well water that contained 112 tryclorethane.That is known to cause cancer.With the history I have had with them I wont beleave anything they have to say.If your smart about it you will question them,Not just take there word.Beside I dont live at the lake I just visit . I will start practicing catch and release more and bring my bottled water to drink.
    Thats just my thoughts............
    Were Burning Day light

Post Thanks / Like

You are probably right. When I start catching fish with two heads or two tails, I will let you know. I have not even seen any soars on the fish I catch. I have seen some NASTY soars on fish caught on Oconee, but that was explained by summer time water temps and bacteria.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

where does bottled water come frome ?
    a spring in the ground . just like a deep well . there is a bottling water co. bottling water frome a spring in abbeville ga. that use to be a swimming pool . who knows where that water comes from ? all deep wells come from a underground spring . city water comes frome a underground spring . they just add clorine to it . lake water is different . it is contaminated up stream .most anything can be in water anywhere .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

When you catch some of thoese 2 headed and 2 tailed fish remember there really not 2 headed or 2 tailed it just the ILL EFECTS.As far as city water goes Macon gets there water from the River and a holding pond not a well.But on the other hand Putman county has permission to get 1 million gallons a day from Lake Sinclair so you never know there might be some 2 headed , 2 A** fisherman on the lake after drinking that EPA appoved Water.
    Were Burning Day light