Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Damn PETA people are at it again.. This time they are attacking fishermen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Damn PETA people are at it again.. This time they are attacking fishermen

Last edited by Moose1am; 02-16-2006 at 12:03 AM.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    OK Guys and Gals:
    I have an email address that I want you all to write to and tell this PETA gal what you think about her plan to stop people from fishing.

This organization needs to be put down and quick. When they start attacking our sport it's time to fight back.

Here is the link to the article in my paper:
    http://www.courierpress.com/ecp/spor...796587,00.html

Read the article and then get the email to this woman and send here an email telling her exactly why you think she is NUTS!

[email protected]

Just in case you can't get into the Evansville Courier and Press Web site and read the article I have included her email addy above.

Here is the web site where you can see what Peta is doing in this new campaign. Check out this web site and figure out some way to counter these attacks on our fishing rights. www.FishingHurts.com
    I can't find or get to the article, any chance you could copy and paste it?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think writing to PETA will change their minds- and it will only give them more ammunition if people respond to them with something other than a tactful reply. Effort would be better spent writing a letter to the editor or your congressman (a well thought out letter with no frothing at the mouth). PETA loves it when sportsmen respond to them directly- it gives them a warm and fuzzy feeling when they know they got under our skin.
    Last edited by TwainGang; 05-22-2005 at 12:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have found that if you disagree with someone by telling them their beliefs and ideas are crazy and anyone who thinks that way is also crazy just makes them more zelous to promote their cause. I don't think a dialogue of any kind with them serves any purpose. Any dialogue just adds validity to their existance. I believe anglers off all kinds acting in a mature and responsible fashion is the best way to conteract their efforts. At this time in this universe human's are the dominant predator. Fish is one form of prey. It is the natural order of things. Trophy fishing and hunting is a different discussion as would be the discussion of fishing tournaments as trophy fishing and inflicting pain on a sub species for personal gain.
    Let's be clear I am a tournament fisherman. First bass and now crappie. I only make the point to say that there are several ways the topic can be discussed and fishing and hunting for food is as natural as life and death.
    Fishing and hunting for pleasure is another discussion.
    As long as fishermen and hunters act in a responsible manner. PETA will not have the financial resources to be a major negative force. There is too much tax money flowing to law makers from the sale of licenses and equipment to give PETA any major clout in legislative matters.

Post Thanks / Like

I really could give a rats a** what PETA thinks about anything. I don't own any furs, don't have any ivory tusks laying around, never even laid eyes on a trap as far as I know. I guess PETA is willing to take on the Bible when fishing was an intergral part of their lives. I guess they are willing to say Jesus was wrong in what he was doing in feeding the masses with fish and loaves of bread. Sound radical? So does PETA to me.

Post Thanks / Like

howdy; when you have a group of 'liberials' you have a group of ear-less people. they have no concern for what your opinion is as thier opinion is the only opinion. TwainGang is on the right path, if you ignore them they will go away. it is when they get you to spout off while you are hot under the coller, that they can get you to make a fool of yourself. you have fallen into thier trap. to most effectivaly fight them is to gather facts that show how stupid they really are. hell most times they shoot themselves in the foot most of the time anyway. my 2cents worth. tarfu

Post Thanks / Like

Have you hugged your favorite Crappie today?

Post Thanks / Like

twain gang said it. Dont give them the fact that someone is paying attention to what they are saying. If knowbody listens and they cant get anybodys attention they will quit preaching their lies and keep to themselves.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Post Thanks / Like

I do not have any use for PETA and I know you can not teach someone that knows everything. Sometimes a barking dog has to be muzzled or put down. lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

When they start attacking our sport it's time to fight back.

I'm not trying to start a fight and mean no disrespect , but if you think it's time to start fighting Now just because it's your sport , and not hunting, trapping or even chicken farming . You are too late !!

All sportsmen need to band together , weather you hunt doves, ducks or deer . If you fish/ hunt /trap or your income comes from raising cattle, hogs, sheep or chickens .... this isn't just a hunters issue , or a trappers nightmare and fishermen need to get on the bandwagon (if they haven't already) .

This is how sportsmen and women are loosing everyday to PETA and HSUS , these guys are organized and sportsmen of any flavor are not , to many believe it doesn't affect "me" until the tables turn on them next . All sportsmen need to put their chosen activity aside a realize it's all of our fight to get the "Truth" out there before these organizations ruin us .

Now if I may ...I'd like to make a suggestion for a "Political Action" board be put up if Ed hasn't already . This could be a place for everyone to post actions taking place in their State they may need help with , or just a place to discuss how to combat such intrusions on our sport of choice by the FEDS , PETA ect ect .
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast