Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shenano Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shenano Lake

Shenango is still producing for me!! Yesterday was slower than the others but still kept 10 relly nice size slabs!!12 inch variety!! C&R alot of smaller crappies and perch!! Also landed a 26 in long very fat Striper that took me and my ultalite crappie rod for quite a ride!!! My arm was shot after that but I landed him!!Anyhow above parkers landing in 10 hp zone on plain hook and minnow 4 to 5 ft down. Right against any tree wood you can seen and also close to shore.T he big cove on the left was doing good also!

ICENUT(Bill)

Post Thanks / Like

Did good yesterday morning, got 8 slabs, and some smaller ones I put back. Pink head and a minnie about 3 foot down. Starting to slow down a little, but they are still in. Get'em while there hot!

REDNECK

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Had an excellent day today at shenango. I put 10 fish on a chain stringer. Threw back 60 or more that were smaller than 11"s. Combined weight of the fish i kept is over 8 lbs. I need to invest in a digital camera. I did have a guy at the launch take a couple shots with my old model. Will get the film developed this week and TRY to post pictures. These fish are beautiful. When you see the picture, you'll agree. Gotta go get the blades sharpened on my electric fillet knife. Gotta cut thru some thick ribcages.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Chaunc, Nice catch! I was there on Saturday, Looked for you but no red Lund to be found. Fished till 2 PM. Had 15 nice crappie from 11" to 13 1/2" Caught 3 nice White Bass 13-15" Throw them back. Fished in 12' to 6' on wood. See Ya!

Post Thanks / Like

Zimmy, i didn't get out til after 12: on saturday. My oldest daughter called friday night and told me my grandson(4) had a soccer game at 10:, saturday morning. I called my brother and cancelled the early trip with him so i could get there. What a hoot. He scored 2 goals then played goalie and stopped 3 shots. Well worth my time. My brother took his boat out at 6:am. Anyway, i fished with a buddy for 3 hrs. and we kept 24 crappies that were 10" and better and threw back at least that many smaller ones. Fished 8 FOW, 5 ft deep, with small jigs and nibbles. If these crappies are going to spawn this year, they will probably do it at that depth because this weather wont let them enjoy the shallower cover. Cancelled my 2nd trip to ky lake this month so i'll be around the area for another week. Hope to run into you at shenango.

Post Thanks / Like

Got the picture back today. Great shot too. but i still dont know how to post it so i sent it to pa.rivercat. i hope they can post it for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Shenano Lake

Nice picture BUT Sorry Buddy we don't know how to post pictures??

S-10 do you or Zig??
    HAPPY FISHIN Y'ALL

Post Thanks / Like

Chaunc, you think that they spawned already? I talked to a guy on saturday morning and he said last week your bobber couldn't stay afloat, no matter where you fished. Thats what he told me. I personally think that they were starting to spawn, but after hearing that, maybe the bulk of the crappie have spawned?, but you get out more than I do. Will be hittin it here one of these days. Talk to you guys later.

REDNECK

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the fish i got sunday looked like they were ready to go. Of the 10 i kept, 8 were females. 3 or 4 of them had runny eggs with blood in them. That tells me they were close, if not in the process already. I haven't been out since then. I hope this cold spell doesn't move them back out but if it does, the fish will spawn in the 5 to 8 foot brushpiles this year.

Post Thanks / Like

For Smitty
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast