Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Really Solve Our Financial Crisis

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to Really Solve Our Financial Crisis

Folks this is how we really need to solve our financial crisis. Since we spend Billions of our Tax Dollars on illigal immigrants. The name may be offensive to some but I cant help what it was called back then.
    Crystal Clear: Operation Wetback-Successful Despite Ugly Name
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

i really dont think that would solve as many problems as we have right now...

Post Thanks / Like

I can think of several problems it would solve.It would make available jobs for the unemployed. It would create more tax revenue since illegals don't pay taxes. And think about how much gas would be saved = lower price.Supply&Demand.And another dang thing,why do I have to press 1 for english,when I live in the USA.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

it might help a lil but our problems right now are a heck of alot bigger then ilegal aliens

Post Thanks / Like

Illegals collect Billions in Social Security. I think it would save a lot
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roybuoy View Post
    I can think of several problems it would solve.It would make available jobs for the unemployed. It would create more tax revenue since illegals don't pay taxes. And think about how much gas would be saved = lower price.Supply&Demand.And another dang thing,why do I have to press 1 for english,when I live in the USA.
    That would be fine if americans didn't think they were too good to dig sitches or cut people's grass, or sand the drywall. The fact is, Mexicans filled the void left by disenfranchised americans who refuse to do the work that mexicans are happy to do. Americans expect to make $15-20 an hour to do the same work that the mexicans will do for $8-10 an hour. That work is there for americans to do and most emplyers would rather not deal with the language barrier and the SS number problem, but there's no englsih speaking americans lining up to do that work. Personally I dont agree with letting illegals into the country and allowing them to work but W thought it would be a good policy to issue them tax ids and allow them to stay and work. Dont forget too that unless you are an american indian, your ancestors rode a boat and crossed a line too albeit under legal terms mostly. Dont blame the mexicans, they are taking advantage of a good situation that we gave them. I know that if the news told me tomorrow that they were hiring in mexico and paying $30 and hour to start, you couldn't keep me on this side of the fence.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by father of 4 View Post
    Illegals collect Billions in Social Security. I think it would save a lot
    billions dont matter when we are 10 trillion in debt. like i said it might help some but then that corn and vegetables you buy for 99 cent now will end up being 5 dollars a can for having to pay americans 7.25 an hour to pick it isntead of 2 dollars an hour

Post Thanks / Like

Remember that sucking sound of jobs going south. Well that sucking sound is still there and it is all dollars earned in the US being sent to Mexico.

When our house was being built there was a Mexican that we inquired about. He appeared to be about 14 years old. The next day he was nowhere to be seen. The money they earn and send south of the border sure would make a lot difference if spent in the US. Probably create a lot of jobs.

I think this thing about no American willing to do the lower end work is an excuse. Especially when welfare is a option.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big "E" View Post
    That would be fine if americans didn't think they were too good to dig sitches or cut people's grass, or sand the drywall. The fact is, Mexicans filled the void left by disenfranchised americans who refuse to do the work that mexicans are happy to do. Americans expect to make $15-20 an hour to do the same work that the mexicans will do for $8-10 an hour. That work is there for americans to do and most emplyers would rather not deal with the language barrier and the SS number problem, but there's no englsih speaking americans lining up to do that work. Personally I dont agree with letting illegals into the country and allowing them to work but W thought it would be a good policy to issue them tax ids and allow them to stay and work. Dont forget too that unless you are an american indian, your ancestors rode a boat and crossed a line too albeit under legal terms mostly. Dont blame the mexicans, they are taking advantage of a good situation that we gave them. I know that if the news told me tomorrow that they were hiring in mexico and paying $30 and hour to start, you couldn't keep me on this side of the fence.
    35 years aog I worked for 8 dollars an hour,gas wasn't 3.87 a gallon,light bills wasn't $200 a month and grocerys wasn't $150 a week.Now if we want to turn back everybody's prices to what it was in 1973,I would work for $8 an hour.But we both know that will never happen.At the inflated prices of gas you would have to work 2 days to fill up my truck. Is this what you want for the American people?Or would you have them make an compareable wage as the rest of the industres ,demand?I have no problem with Mexicans or any other nationality as long as they pay the same taxes as you and I.And they should make what we make as long as they are legal.I belive in a level playing field.And for the record,my grand father was full blooded Cherokee,grandmother3/4, and did not arrive by no boat.;
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

While it's true illegals suck up a lot of tax dollars, they are also exempt from our system and they will be the last to be affected by the current crisis. They haven't got 401ks or stocks, no bonds or CDs. They are a cash society working in secrecy living off the legit and balck markets. Don't think they have much or any impact here.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast