Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suffix Line

Post Thanks / Like

Default Suffix Line

As of today am officially done using Suffix Line. After a short time of use it gets so rotten I can't even tie jigs on without it breaking. I then have to pull enough line out to get to what was on reel and not exposed to the elements. Anybody else have this problem?

Post Thanks / Like

Well im glad im not the only one that has proplems out of that line. I used it for about a month and thought It was one of the worst lines I ever used. Maybe we just got a bad spool but im sticking with silver thread and micro fuse.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Just The Opposite For Me

I got talked into trying this line back last year. I've got 2 jig'n rods that have had this line on them for about a year and I haven't notice any problems. Plus it is by far the best line I have ever put on a spinning reel.

Now I will say that the only time my rods are exposed to the elements is when I'm fish'n. Just about any mono will deteriorate if exposed to the sun for long periods of time.
    Last edited by Wiskers; 10-12-2008 at 01:52 AM.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

i have tried it i didnt like it at all
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

i think its best line on the market, yes like any line if left in the sun the uv rays wil effect it but i have had no issues with it and it is the strongest line i have used.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Personally speaking ....

I've never used Sufix line. But, I have read discussions pertaining to this line ... and it seems, as I remember, that the Seige was trashed pretty hard ... and the Elite got mixed reviews. Many of the same "cons" were mentioned ... such as memory problems, hookset breakage & breakage upon casting, and a general dislike of it for use on spinning reels.

Balancing the line property choices ... between castability with light weight lures, abrasion resistance, strength, small diameter, and visibility properties, is an ongoing process. Reel spool size vs line diameter & softness/limpness is also a guiding factor (esp for spinning equipment). I don't think any one line has mastered all these aspects. And, even within one brand, not all versions are equal in their overall performance.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

The only time my rods are exposed to the elements are when I'm fishing. Lately that hasn't been very much. The rest of the time they're in the covered boat in the garage.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I just got some of the hi vis Suffix line. I hadn't spooled it yet. A friend owed me some money for a deer feeder...and since he worked at Gander Mt. part time...I had him to pay me off in hi vis Suffix. We will see how it works.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using the Elite this year and my 2 cents worth is it's very strong, not much problem with memory, but I sure can't cast as far with it as some other lines, using a micrometer its as large a diameter as most other lines next heaver size.

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been using Sufix Elite Hi-Vis 4# test for 2 years with no problems..I did try 6# first & did not like it because of memory but , to me, the 4# is great...Prior to Sufix I was using Trilene Sensation 4# and liked it very well but it was hard to find in the Solar color...

For those of you that don't like Sufix I'll bet you were using Sufix Seige...I tried Seige at first and didn't like it at all...It is an entirely different line than Sufix Elite..
    Last edited by Don G; 10-12-2008 at 07:07 AM.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast