Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: central or northern indiana

Post Thanks / Like

Default central or northern indiana

Is there anyone who lives in central or northern indiana that posts anything? Everything is about patoka or brookville.

Post Thanks / Like

We have a nice thread about northwest indiana going on this site. Not sure how far north you are interested in. There are also quite a few posts about salamonie. This is a great site it should prove to be very helpful for you. Let us know how we can help.
    I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Salamonie

I post quite a bit about salamonie. You may have to research some to find them all, but we discuss salamonie quite a bit. FIsh at salamonie, big ones anyway, are in 16 to 18 feet of water, fish them at 8 to 12 feet with minnows. Slow trolling or spider rigging works best. They should be moving shallow as soon as this latest cold front moves through. Big ones anyway. Did any of the fish you caught have eggs , or were they all males?

Post Thanks / Like

most were males. I had a few with eggs and they were small eggs. I dont think they have spawned yet. I found the site with the north reports after I posted this. New to the computer but I really like this site. Check it everyday.I will keep rerporting my fishing trips. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Northern Indiana

I'd like to see more about the Northern part of Indiana, central, eastern and western. I've been surprised by the good response I got by asking a question about fishing in NW Indiana. Those of us who live up here need to post about all the good fishing that is up here! Keep it up!

Sincerely,
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Northern IN

I plan to head down to Lake Shafer this weekend. They are catching good ones up the Big monon creek and right at Indiana Beach fishing around the pillars that support the rides.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I thought the only fish that were around those pillars were carp. Just so you guys know, I am fishing through your eyes so far this spring. With a 4-year old, and another on the way, it is kind of hard to get out. That is okay, though, I wouldn't have it any other way!! So, keep those reports coming in, and good luck to everyone!! By the way, Jim, in my opinion, it is hard to beat Potato Creek for quality fishing. Especially for bass. (I hope that isn't a dirty word on this site) LOL!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I thought the only fish that were around those pillars were carp. Just so you guys know, I am fishing through your eyes so far this spring. With a 4-year old, and another on the way, it is kind of hard to get out. That is okay, though, I wouldn't have it any other way!! So, keep those reports coming in, and good luck to everyone!! By the way, Jim, in my opinion, it is hard to beat Potato Creek for quality fishing. Especially for bass. (I hope that isn't a dirty word on this site) LOL!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I got out to salamonie again and caught probably fifty to sixty again.Kept 21 for the table.One was about a pound and a half.Alot of small ones.Still full of eggs.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Northern IN

Lots of big fish in those ride pillars at Indiana Beach. Do you know the old paddle wheel boat that is now a resteraunt?? I use to catch catfish in the 3-5 pound range right under that thing. Crappie move up there right before the spawn.