Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad word.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Bad word.

I want to take a moment to apologize to the board members from the north.I used a word in one of my posts that is commonly used to describe a person of northern persuasion.It also happens to be the name of the world's most famous baseball team , also from the northern part of the country.Some folks obviously took offense to my use of this word and I want them to know I didnt mean to hurt them in any way.I enjoy reading each and everyone's posts on this board , and value the lessons I've learned on here.I constantly kid with the northerners I know and they all kid right back.It's more like calling someone a Jeff Gordon fan , if you get my drift.Not meant to hurt one's feelings just good natured ribbing.I will refrain from using this word again and I hope no one will hold it against me as I am just a human like you , capable of making mistakes.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I'm not offended by the word "Yankee", and I certainly am from the north. But thanks for your apology Eric. I'm sure it'll go a long way towards making people more comfortable on the board.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Default What do you have against Jeff Gordon

What is wrong with Jeff Gordon? One of the very few classy, non hillbillyish, drivers in NASCAR. Need more classy people like him in NASCAR. Let me guess you hate him because he is good.

Post Thanks / Like

I quote Eric: "Not meant to hurt one's feelings just good natured ribbing."

I did not see the word "hate" in reference the Jeff Gordon.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Default nothing but love for jeff gordon.

Im actually not even a nascar fan , I just thought I might find some common ground using a nascar term.If you are a fan then you know exactly what I meant by that statement.If you're a jeff gordon fan I'm sure you hear plenty of trash talk from other fans , cause from what I do understand about nascar , not too many people like him.But those statements aren't meant to hurt you as a gordon fan , they are just good natured ribbing.That's what makes going to a race or any other sporting event fun , heckling the opposing team.I'm just trying to make a point about misunderstandings.You helped me make my point quite nicely.Thank you and happy fishing.Eric.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Mason Dixon Line n Nascar!

Fish bitin?

From an unoffended Yankee that could give a rip about Nascar, or "who" is driving those Natural resource wasting POS's that they run! LoL!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally a sane person.

Thank you Tim for a bit of sanity today.I feel like I'm running for office or something.Never knew it would cause such a stir.How do they say it "the land of the offended".Happy fishing.Eric.

cmistfp Guest

Default God help us

What has America come to ? Everyone is so sensitive nowadays . I work as a Lineman for a large utility in Fl. We used to work long days in the beating sun and pass the time rippin on each other . It was all in good fun and everyone got along . Well the Gen-X ers are now at working ages and come to the work place with the thinnest skin . They are offended by every damn thing you can think of . And believe me they have no problem going to management and telling them about it . Walking in to management wasn't even allowed when I was coming up . You didn't tattle tale and if your feelings were hurt you got over it quick . The company used to have these older foreman who were war veterans and were concerned with getting the job done safely . Well those guys have been replaced by young college grads who never worked in the blue collar world and are consumed by political correctness . Racism and discrimination should not be tolerated . I don't think calling someone a yankee is a terrible thing . Hell I get called a redneck by the many northeners who live here in Orlando. Lets try to have fun with each other and not be so sensitive . And if any of you younger folks are offended .. sorry . now go take a lap !!! Just kidding !!! Or am I ??? Chris :D

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big "E"
    Thank you Tim for a bit of sanity today.I feel like I'm running for office or something.Never knew it would cause such a stir.How do they say it "the land of the offended".Happy fishing.Eric.
    Eric, it is the nature of some to be more sensitive to words then others are. Then again, only some want to look for the good in others. Being a northerner here, the use of the word, does not offend me. When I was stationed in England, some locals hated Americans so much, that they would yell at you "Damned Yankees go home!!!" and you learned to ignore them. Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you Chris.

The last thing I want to do is make someone feel uncomfortable ,believe me.But I really thought it was a bit much as well.I'm just glad its not me , because for a minute I thought the world had passed me by.And then the nascar comment even offended someone.I was ready to sign off for good , thinking this must not be the place for me , but a few of you guys atleast can recognize a joke so.......Eric.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast