Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lets just do away with foreign oil all together

Post Thanks / Like

Default lets just do away with foreign oil all together

ok i really think if we could do this we could put a big dent in the foreign oil dependency or even better all together and better the environment

ok first off i really dont know why it isnt this way to begin with

ok first off i think we should switch to steam powered trains i know in w.v and ky we have an abundant supply of coal for America for many many years to come besides water thats all that is needed to power a steam engine train so that wraps up trains for us might not be as fast but way better than using oil

now for cars/trucks etc natural gas and bio diesel i have my self seen quite a few vehicles cars/trucks/van's that run on natural gas and i know while hunting and fore wheeling in w.v i have seen a lot of gas wells and a few oil wells at that

as for air planes/jets/helicopters why couldn't we just use the oil we have of our own and not buy foreign oil

and it seems it would also make more jobs for americans also like making the things we need for motors powered by natural gas and bio disel or even ethanol and we would need people to make steam engines also we would need people to work on the trains i mean i think there would be just to many good things to come of it

please tell me your thoughts on it we at crappie.com may just be able to stop foreign oils with some work lol lol lol its a thought
    is that a bite...YEAH FISH DONT HAVE HANDS

Post Thanks / Like

Boats man Boats, ya never mentioned how we going to power our Boats? Sails? Paddles and oars? Steam? I want one of those Nuclear powered boats like the Navy has. Then I could "go green" at the same time.

In all seriousness, Natural gas would be the ticket for cars/trucks. I like the turning algae into oil idea. I also would like to see the big oil companies R & D new energy ideas. They need to understand that it's the only way they can stay in the game. Big oil needs to turn into, just some oil every now and then. I want my flying car!
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We are in this oil situation for all the reasons you just mentioned. The environmentalcases put into law many years ago the end of the things we relied on, then left no realistic options for the future. If we want to get OPEC out of it, we need to drill all these massive untapped wells in Alaska, western America, Canada, and offshore. Tree huggers banned it all. We DO in fact have enough oil to completely eliminate the Arabs, but if you want to worship a tree then global economic shut down is in order.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

i wouldn't exactly worship a tree either lol

but to cut down on the emissions would be cool and we could do that if we would do what i wrote above i would think anyhow

and for boats well we would have electric like we already have and sails/paddles/oars
    or maybe have a limit to small motors powered by fuel stuff that dont burn huge amounts of gas like lawn mowers boats motorcycles i dont know but we need to do something and it dont seem that anyone else is really trying to

i mean we already had steam powered stuff and they served the purpose why wouldn't it not it would it wouldn't be as fast but it would get the job done and natural gas we have it now and well i seen a van pass me in traffic and that what it was running on i also seen a truck pulling a horse trailer and well it was bio diesel so we have the thing to do it right at our finger tips but no one will do it and it just confuses me

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i watched that is a great idea but thing is it will never happen because we are gonna save our oil until everyone else dont have any i think thats what the plan is myself because if not we would be using our oil like he said and not everyone elses it just burns my arse

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by backtocrappie View Post
    We are in this oil situation for all the reasons you just mentioned. The environmentalcases put into law many years ago the end of the things we relied on, then left no realistic options for the future. If we want to get OPEC out of it, we need to drill all these massive untapped wells in Alaska, western America, Canada, and offshore. Tree huggers banned it all. We DO in fact have enough oil to completely eliminate the Arabs, but if you want to worship a tree then global economic shut down is in order.
    This sounds like a sound bite right out of the Big Oil Company's mouth!
    The answer isn't drilling for more oil but finding new energy sources. As long as we are drilling for more oil there won't be a real effort to find a different source of new and different energy. Once this country finally make a committment to finding new viable energy it won't take that long to realize it. We just have to make up our minds to to it.
    The Auto makers now could be producing cars and trucks with unbelieveable gas mileage if it weren't for the Oil Company's bribing them not to increase gas mileage. We have all noticed that it doesn't take all that long for the Auto Makers to come up with better gas mileage in vehicles when the Gov tells them they have to reach a certain criteria. I say no to new drilling and lets get started on some new Ideas for the future.

And yes I approve of this message!
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    The answer isn't drilling for more oil but finding new energy sources.... I say no to new drilling and lets get started on some new Ideas for the future.
    Why limit ourselves? I say drill, drill, and drill some more. AND explore new technologies. They're not mutually exclusive.

The Chinese think we're nuts for not drilling off our own coastline. They're certainly drilling off our coastline. Of course, environmental extremists are not determining their energy policy.

Post Thanks / Like

i say we all go back to riding horses. they only give off gas and not use it

Post Thanks / Like

Heard this morning,Opec wants to slow down production to drive up the prices.Mabye we can not drill,and HOPE that things will CHANGE for the better. The people who are against drilling our own fields,I HOPE you realize, gas will keep going up,probably higher than what we have seen so far if production slows,in return,food,and every other aspect of life will be touched by it.I think with what has happened to our economy in the last 2 years,we will be exploring alt energy anyway.I say to DRILL,DRILL,and we get tired of drilling,sharpen those bits and drill some more.That will be the beginning of watching Opec lowering their prices just to slow us down.That is CHANGE I can believe in. I wonder,if the world is 70% water,WHY is the surface of the ocean not have a 6 inch oil slick over the entire thing,and constantly be burning?Oil has to leach from it daily,and it would float.Riddle me that Batman.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast