Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: credit freeze?

Post Thanks / Like

Default credit freeze?

odd they say this and the last 3 days i have recieved 14 pre approved credit cards.... i normally recive alot of em but never this many at one time.... just thought it odd

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by john h View Post
    odd they say this and the last 3 days i have recieved 14 pre approved credit cards.... i normally recive alot of em but never this many at one time.... just thought it odd

Careful of Greeks bearing gifts........
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

ohhh trust me they all get trashed and put in burn pile... i dont believe in buying stuff if i dont have the cash..just semed odd at this sudden influx all of a sudden usually id get 2- 3 a week never this many

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by john h View Post
    ohhh trust me they all get trashed and put in burn pile... i dont believe in buying stuff if i dont have the cash..just semed odd at this sudden influx all of a sudden usually id get 2- 3 a week never this many
    There was a report on this credit card stuff this morning on TV. Seems like the con artists have another way of trying to get your identity by offering pre- approved credit. They are taking advantage of the credit crunch. Wish I could find the link on the net. Good stuff to know about.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I just returned from VEGAS and seemed like alot of folks buying lunch with a credit card. Seemed to be alot of cash flowing around though. I couldnt imagine shoving hard cold cash into a slot machine and then shoving paper into my mouth I have got to reeat.

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say if they are pre-approved then theres a 50/50 chance they are a scam. I know my own credit is fine, but like I said to you once before John, they are calling your current balance your cap. They are forcing people to pay down debt so they get back in the black.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Default i get them also

i get them also and i actually called about a few of them do the same sometime and see what they say they send them to everyone

they all told me about the same thing it like an add basically then when you call its weird that they really cant tell you very much about yourself like how they got your name address and well what your credit limit is its tricky and yes a scam but getting that many john is really odd i guess you received a few in place of me because they haven't sent me many lately
    is that a bite...YEAH FISH DONT HAVE HANDS

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone read the small print on them before throwing them away? I was wondering what the intrest rate was after the lower intrest rate was up. Not that I want to take a loan. Just wondering.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I get tired of receiving them and I hope they get tired of sending them and spending the money so I mail the envelope back to them empty so they have to pay the postage anyway so maybe they will stop sending them.

Post Thanks / Like

Check your credit. And you will see that every credit card company is running a credit check on you. Wish there was a way to stop them from being able to run a credit check without approval.

Twobrokefarmer. A lot of the envelops have a number on them. Make sure it does not have your account number they have for you on it.
    I used to fill them back up with junk, And mail them all back to each one of them. But on the news they were talking about it being mail fraud.. Not sure how they can say that. Were doing what they ask. Return it LOL
    Pete
    Last edited by ShilohRed; 10-09-2008 at 08:02 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast