Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You never know what you'll catch.

Post Thanks / Like

Default You never know what you'll catch.

I took this out of Shoals Creek on 4lb test line last week while fishing for crappie. Thought I was hung up at first.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Shoot I hope I catch a few like that tonight at the Tourney on the Ohio !!! Nice fish , I ain't caught one quite that big on crappie gear but right after ice out I did hook into a few . I even caught several on the ice !
    Last edited by DmDuck; 05-22-2005 at 10:54 AM.
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Jim

Quote Originally Posted by DmDuck
    Shoot I hope I catch a few like that tonight at the Tourney on the Ohio !!! Nice fish , I ain't cuaght one quite that big on crappie gear but right after ice out I did hook into a few . I even cuaght several on the ice !

What kind of tourney?? If catfish, how many can you weigh,etc....Good Luck!!!!!
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

So far, I have caught a 12 pound and a 11 pound channels on my crappie rigs so far. Neither put up a big fight as they could have busted my lines easily. Catching a big cat on a "sensitive" 12 foot crappie pole is a lot of fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice one. Him and a few fritters would really hit the spot.
    If you ain't tyin' - you ain't fryin'

Take a kid fishin'
    Scrap

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default last week

man, I bet I caught at least 25 catfish in 2 hours Wednesday evening in Shoals Creek. Had 7 crappie in between all those catfish. One catfish was about that size. Pretty fun on a 12 foot limber rod with 6 pound test. Never can get the slime off my line or off the carpet!!!!
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonG
    What kind of tourney?? If catfish, how many can you weigh,etc....Good Luck!!!!!
    We can weigh in 5 fish ...looks like we came in 4th tonight ( they paid out 3 places ) ..... I'll know when they post up the numbers but I do know we were out of the money , dang the luck we won last tourny !! :rolleyes:

The river she wasn't kind to us tonight .... had 3 or 4 good runs , I just couldn't seem to hook up ....oh well ... I'll just get ready for John Hay Lake in 2 weeks !!

http://www.catfishmasteramerica.com/Results.html
    Last edited by DmDuck; 05-22-2005 at 03:24 AM.
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We can weigh in 5 fish ...looks like we came in 4th tonight ( they paid out 3 places ) ..... I'll know when they post up the numbers but I do know we were out of the money , dang the luck we won last tourny !! :rolleyes:

The river she wasn't kind to us tonight .... had 3 or 4 good runs , I just couldn't seem to hook up ....oh well ... I'll just get ready for John Hay Lake in 2 weeks !!

http://www.catfishmasteramerica.com/Results.html
    Jim, I noticed Hardy Lake is on your tournament schedule. If you are going to fish that tournament let me know and I think I can put you on a couple good spots. I lived less than 1/2 mile from that lake in the late 80's and early 90's and spent most evenings and weekends on it. I'm sure conditions have changed but unless the old creek channel has moved the Cats should still be there. One of the best spots, you could almost stand on the main ramp and cast to (after the ramp traffic is gone, about 11:00 p.m. or so). Another good spot is the long point that forms the left side (if you are standing on the beach) of the beach area. If you are going to fish that tournament let me know and I'll be a little more descriptive in e-mail.
    Last edited by VietVet68; 05-22-2005 at 08:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there with bells on ...LMAO ! Actually that's kind of one that I have in my mental win bracket , there's some great fishing down by the island too if you can get past the dang timber without hanging up / ripping a hole in your boat/ or shearing a pin !!
    I'd appreciate a hot spot or two Thanks !! Thought of you last night at the pre fish meeting ...Ol'Boy was kicked back in his 18' pontoon , I just laughed , those things make one heck of a fishing platform .
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there with bells on ...LMAO ! Actually that's kind of one that I have in my mental win bracket , there's some great fishing down by the island too if you can get past the dang timber without hanging up / ripping a hole in your boat/ or shearing a pin !!
    I'd appreciate a hot spot or two Thanks !! Thought of you last night at the pre fish meeting ...Ol'Boy was kicked back in his 18' pontoon , I just laughed , those things make one heck of a fishing platform .
    Are you talking about the island down by the dam? The one on the left side if you are facing the dam?

Starting next Friday I'm gonna kick back on my 24'er for about 4 days and a couple of nights if I can get my lighting system done. I think I have found one place where I can anchor in one spot and ambush Crappie, Redear, and Channels.
    Last edited by VietVet68; 05-22-2005 at 11:01 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast