Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain

Looking for best places to crappie fish on Mark Twain Lake. Any help will be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I fished with a partner on 8/15, we caught most of them in the northfork. Using mostly jigs the minnow bite was there but, lots of little fish. Brought back 23 9-10 fish, but I would say we caught 60-80 fish. Fish the trees in 15-20 foot of water, 12 feet down. Let me know how u do...
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain

We have fished Mark Twain quite a bit. Since spring we have been concentrating on the rivers. Trying to learn how to fish them. Have mostly fished open water or pond fishing. Like you when we have been over there, have caught lots of small fish. Where do you have your best luck during the fall?

Post Thanks / Like

I havent fished at MTL to much during the fall, once labor day is has come and gone. I turn most of my attention towards lake of the ozarks. I do know that the bridge peirs are always good luck at mtl, if u cant find fish thats where they seem to be. I fished 8/23, fishing was slow and the bite was light. Only brought home 6 keepers, partner caught one nice 12" fish. Didnt get to fish where I wanted becuase of to many other boats on the honey spots. My highlight was a 6lb flathead on a crappie jig.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion