Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bluegill

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Bluegill

I know this is a crappie forum for the most part,but i have a question on the subject of bluegill. I live almost on top of Patoka lake within 10 minutes i can be to a number of boat ramps.

The wife and me fish the lake quite a bit and have never caught any gills of any size, we normally fish the south lick boat ramp if any of ya'll fish the lake on a regular basis and have any suggestions on where to find some gills i am all ears.

We have kinda given up on catching any bluegills and concentrate on the crappie, but i sure do like the taste of fried bluegill, not to mention they are such fighters.

To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required.
    To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required

Post Thanks / Like

best bluegill/redear lake i know are Indian Cleana, tipsaw in the hoosier national forest highway 37 heading for tell city.have caught small ones at paotka but the larger ones are few and far between.

Post Thanks / Like

Giving up on the bluegill at Patoka was a smart choice. Used to be a great bluegill fishery, but recent years the numbers of large fish have declined. People will still tell you about the great catches, but I have yet to find them. Stick to the crappie. You have a few lakes in your area that will produce better fish as Ken metioned.
    Last edited by Locator79; 10-10-2008 at 09:04 AM.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry i didn't get back sooner but have been out of state for a few days, i have fished tipsaw celina and indian and you are ken those are some good lakes for bluegills.

I use to work with a guy by the name of Kinser he was an officer at the Branchville Correctional Facility are you by any chance that same Kinser.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello limbhook I to only live 20 mits from Patoka I never have caught any of size too. But I have did very well at Tucker Lake which is only a short distance away. Also some nice Crappie their too.

Post Thanks / Like

Greg
    I have fished tucker a few time and it does have some very nice gills in it i think it is a nice looking lake the only down side to tucker that i can see is that it is a trolling motor only lake.

I have not had the chance to get on that lake this year i hope to before it gets to cold for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes thats me what's you name

Post Thanks / Like

I use to be the custody supervisor at that facility, got in a little jam and ended up retiring.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice hearing from you Major

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by limbhook View Post
    Greg
    I have fished tucker a few time and it does have some very nice gills in it i think it is a nice looking lake the only down side to tucker that i can see is that it is a trolling motor only lake.

I have not had the chance to get on that lake this year i hope to before it gets to cold for me.

How is the ramp at Tucker is it pretty decent?Can you have a gas motor on the boat even if you don't use it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast