Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SEC Big 12?

Post Thanks / Like

Default SEC Big 12?

Looks as if the SEC has already had the "beatin up on each other" portion begin. Which in turn has knocked some of them down in the polls. The Big 12, especially the South, has a plethora of unbeatens. That's all going to change this weekend as they begin to whip up on each other. It's a good football season so far and I think it's just going to get better with each week. I do feel for Arkansas, they wanted Nutt gone and are getting beat up worse than they did when he was there. I like the Hogs and would like to see them get back into it. It could take them a couple of years and several good recruits.
    Enjoy the games guys, I know I do.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure that before the end of this season ole Bobby will be gone, and the Hogs will be starting all over again.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Nutt left at the most opportune time. He had a very few starters returning, dmac and felix are making it big, UA paid Nutt 3 million to leave and he got a fat raise at Ole Miss. I don't think Patrino will be leaving for a couple years to come, but I have been wrong once or twice before. We have a bunch of 18yr olds trying to compete with 21-22 yr olds and it just ain't happening very well for us right now. Just give BP a little time to develop these guys. Here is a cool like for ya'll to check out. Pretty much sums it all up:

Bobby Petrino to Sue Houston Nutt for Negligence (Humor) | Bleacher Report

Post Thanks / Like

I think the SEC is sort of down this year. But hey its still the SEC. Its still a tough conference. Lets take a look at some of the teams. Poor Tennessee, looks like they need a coaching change. Never ever count them out though, they can still sneak up on you at anytime, I just hope they dont slip in on Bama. Arkansas, well i feel for them and their season, they really are hurting this year. Kentucky is pretty good, dont count the loss to the ol ball coach against them, its never a shame to lose to spurrier, he could beat you with a highschool team at times, and Kentucky is usually a weaker of the SEC teams. So way to go cats. Georgia, they are still a very tough team. Would be hard for an outside conference team to beat them. Florida, yeah they took a loss at Ole Miss, but hey, its the SEC, you better be on your game or you will be on the losing side when the game is over. However they are still very very strong, just ask LSU. LSU, yeah I think they are a little over rated this year but so is Bama, LSU has not looked that strong to me, still a heck of a team though. Vanderbilt, who would have ever thought they would only have one loss right now, but who would have thought that loss would have been to M. State? I hope Vandy finishes strong but they have a tough end of season schedule. Auburn, where do they go from here? Firing the offensive coordinator was a start, maybe they need to act is if they are going to fire the head man again and then next season they will dominate, does that bring back memories? M. State, congrads on your win over Vandy, its a good thing they were having a bad day. Your coach is doing a good job though. Ole Miss, they went Houston Nutts with the win over Florida, but they better be glad they wont have to play them again. Alabama, lets face it, we are light years ahead of where we could be and probably should be, but thats thanks to a great coach that we have. I am a Tide fan and i know how sometimes we expect a little too much more than what should be expected. We have had a great season so far, but we are short on depth and the games remaining to be played are going to be very tough. I would like to think we are as good as our record and as good as we have been playing, but I am not getting my hopes up. I think we have what it takes to go all the way, but we have to play our best every game, one slip and its over. Keep on rolling Tide if you can, dont let Fulmer earn any respect by catching you off gaurd and dont let LSU and lucky Les get a piece of Saban. Never forget those Auburn tigers at the end of the year, they sure havent forgot their domination of us over the last several years. The SEC as a whole is down a little i think but year in and year out we are the best and toughest conference. I give the Big 12 alot of credit this year, they are very strong and have the best quarterbacks, however if they played in the SEC against our defenses week in and week out, forget about it. I give the big 12 alot of credit this year though, they are strong.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to see what happens in Austin next weekend. If Mizzou can hang with Texas and even upset them, that would open the door to T Tech, OSU leading the conference. Tech may not be as good as touted just for the fact they let Nebraska take them to OT in the own stadium. As a lifelong Pokes fan, and most Poke fans, we never get out hopes up too much. There is always the games that make us think we might be good, then we find out it was a pipe dream come 4th quarter. I be crossing fingers for them. First time they started 6-0 since WWll, and only the third time in the history of the school. They have the offense, and showed they have some defensive talent last night. But, we're not holding our breath on this team to do big things until they prove it. We still have to play Texas, Texas Tech, and OU. Wonder if T Boone can help us pull a rabbit out of our hat. BTW, don't the Bulldogs visit Stillwater next year?

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, the Pokes and Dawgs will open next season in Stillwater
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

If USC, Ohio Stae and some of these TV wonders that ESPN is always talking about played in the SEC they would be an average team at best IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree oldwun. I think again this year a two-loss team from the SEC or Big 12 South jumps a one loss pac-10 or big 10 team. The SEC is good as always and the Big 12 south has 4 teams in the top 8. Thats just bananas. USC is a good team, but they are not the caliber that they were a couple years ago, and the rest of the Pac 10, well lets just say there isn't the quality of teams this year that one would expect for a BCS conference.
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default end of season...

Wait till the bowl bids are announced. Will be the same as last year and many previous years. USC is gonna slide up in the rankings probably (with their weak league) along with some other HIGHLY regarded teams. The Big 12 is definitely beating up themselves but it seems that Texas might pull through it all with not to many scars. As the year goes by football fans will know who the dominant teams are and what conferences are the strongest. Its only a matter of time before they have to come to some sort of playoff system....may be a few years but it will eventually happen.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary....for those who don't, no explanation is possible
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Post Thanks / Like

I'll say one thing, Texas looks for real. That first half last night was a football, offensive/defensive machine. Their schedule calls for them facing 4 top ten teams in consecutive weeks. Tough schedule I guess. Who'da thunk Penn State would be doing as good as they are? It's been a good season so far. Look for Tulsa the THUMP Arkansas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast