Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fall is in the air and

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall is in the air and

the crappie bite should get going, lets see. water cools fish go into feeding mode,fish brush,brush on points, that works. fish on the rocky drop offs and ledge's. fish some back of coves when the water gets to 50dg. or cooler, caught lots of fish that way. some times casting to the bank and slow retreve back. fish boat docks small jig, 1/32 or so it drobs slow and the bite is awsome. like to fish the north bank bluff,they get lots of sun and the water is a bit warmer.seem like the crappie like that. small crank baits work well also toss past the brush pile you have marked and slow retreve or just fast enough to get the lure to bump the brush. and wham CRAPPIE UP MORE LATER GOOD LUCK

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the info beagle, I NEED IT!!!...........

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the INFO, Beagle! Nice to get a a lifetime of fishing trials and errors, so some of us can stand a fighting chance! And it's FREE!! I'll try to remember some of this , but better than that...Think I'll just stay hot on the trail of the SS BEAGLE! Need to put in an order for some 1/32 jig heads.(hint,hint)
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff Beagle. Give me a pick and I'd take November / December as much as any. Some great trips over the years at Table Rock, Bull Shoals, Stockton, Pomme, and Lake O. The Truman bite last year was phenomenal during that period.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, that's great stuff, Mike. I think I'm going to try a couple of small lakes this weekend at our local country club. I always say I want to do that when I'm out there golfing, but never do. Well, my wife and daughter are off to Chicago this weekend to visit her sister, so I think I hear those lakes callin' my name. Thanks again for the info!
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Last fall was unbelieveable last year. I caught a lot of big fish until late Feb. I look forward to tryin some new and old spots this fall and winter. Hopefully Uncle Suga lets me go!
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

yall boys welcome, hope to get some more responses from other fishermen/women on there styles. I like to fish the bluffs in the winter time man that cold water bite is a hoote, been thinkin == I know I shouldnt do that! but I been thinkin about gettin one of those buddy heaters that they sell in the hardware stores. to help keep the ole hands and feet a little warmer. I bought some of those reusable hand warmers and they work real well. used them a bunch last year Miss Sharon sewed me some holders for them and the keep your hands warm for a while more hints later... good fishin all

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks beagle.Basics works every time. Any reports frome stockton? Water temp going down? later

Post Thanks / Like

hey Buzzy dont know,havent been to stockton in about week and half. water will go down,temp will also. gonna get good soon you been lately?