Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you noticed?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you noticed?

Have you noticed in your area of the world if the shelves at the grocery store seem to be a little emptier than usual? I stopped off at wal-mart yesterday evening to pick up some grocery staples and noticed that a lot of items were slim to none, dry cereal for one and other areas were really down on stock. When I checked out, I asked if they had missed some deliveries and the woman told me that the weekend had been very hectic. She said she thought the public was buying up supplies. I asked her if it was like what happens when a winter storm, or hurricane was going to hit, and she said that it was just like that.

Question, is the public starting to panic buy food in your area? With the stock market taking a dive, panic selling of stocks, and the fear that has been created of depression, we could be in for one heck of a ride even with the bailout plan.

Your thoughts?
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Just to put it in perspective, the day the market dropped 777 points, only one company in the Dow Jones Industrial experienced a rise in stock prices....Campbell's soup.

I started stocking an emergency store of food during the spring.....although we had to eat quite a bit of fish when the gas prices got real high.
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't noticed that here. I have noticed that there are few price tags on food. I guess if you don't know how much it costs you must be ignorant enough to just buy it anyway.

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I admit I don't go to the store much, but this is news to me.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of our gas stations were out of gas today. Guess the price drop in the dollar per gallon wasn't to the liking of the oil company's so they turned of the spicket until it goes back up.
    You can't finish what you don't start

Post Thanks / Like

Call me a nay sayer if you want, but things are only going to get worse not better it's the signs of the time.
    To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required

Post Thanks / Like

Bought groceries saturday morning, store shelves were stocked just as well as they ever are on the first saturday of the month after everybody gets paid and what not. We bought more canned food than normal, but it was mostly beans and stuff for cool weather meals, already starting to make chili and that sort of stuff. Fuel prices are dropping and that's making people around here feel better. In my line of business I would guage people's feelings based on what I'm writing insurance on and I'll tell ya, people are still buying plenty of new cars and buying homes.
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed this at Walmart for some time. In fact, I sent them an email complaining about it last year. Probably far enough removed from the Walton influence now that service will be a thing of the past.

Post Thanks / Like

Default kinda scary

might be some extra candy on the shelves
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

One good thing about the oil prices going down besides the obvious. Those who do not have stocks and just live off of their wages have not been affected by the stock market crash unless they are tied up in some credit problem from this. They will start to see more disposable income and will spend money. That will be better than any bail out the government can pass. It makes me very angry to see all the pork put into the bail out. The only thing in this whole mess that was dire was an infusion of money to free up credit so this country would not seize up by the next week. all this other crap is bogus and borderline treason because they are doing it during a crisis. The only other taxpayer money that should have been spent should have been bolstering the FBI's funding for investigating these greed mongering jacka$$e$. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast