Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 12 Mile Bayou Report #8...pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default 12 Mile Bayou Report #8...pics

Cajun Dave and I finally found a day that we both got a "kitchen pass" and went to 12 Mile Bayou for a day of pesterin' the crappie. :D We kept 10 nice ones, and 3 around 10 and 11 inches. We culled about 5 or 6 small ones, but on average most were 12 inches or better, the biggest was about 13." Had to change jig colors several times to keep the bite going, but seemed pink produced best in combination with white or yellow. The water was clearer than normal, and we fished at 8 to 9 feet, sometimes right on bottom. This first pic is of a fish that Dave called a "Coon A## crappie", and we thought he had hooked into a LA record crappie when we saw it flash several times while he was trying to bring it to the net. Just don't let the word get back to Dave, but it looks like a Gaspar Goo to me!!

Had to build my own "brag board" to show the catch. Being the optimist, I put 30 hooks on it, and I'm praying I'll fill it up one day soon. BTW, one of the females still hadn't dropped her eggs. She must have lost her calendar. :rolleyes: The rest had spawned, and were absorbing what was left.

Post Thanks / Like

nice work - that is a great average size
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply ck. We worked at it hard from 9:00 am to after 7:00 pm before giving it up, and had a great time. Guess what we're having for lunch today :p ..............

Post Thanks / Like

Nice mess of fish. lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Stay on 'em as long as you can. Next thing you know you will be huntin' for 'em.
    If you ain't tyin' - you ain't fryin'

Take a kid fishin'
    Scrap

Post Thanks / Like

You nailed it ribit, even had enough left over for supper....man were they good! Fried up some sliced eggplant and baked some potatoes to go with them. Wonder what the poor folks were eatin'.

I know what you're sayin, scrap. They may be gone next trip. 12 Mile isn't a big bayou, but it has beaucou cover and lots of structure in water over 30 feet. They won't be too far. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent fish!

Can't wait to see more pictures!!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Great pictures Bill. I hadn't thought about making a bragging board, but I'm going to do it too. I know you all have some good fishing there.

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Georgia Boy and Fishinbuddy.....thanks for the comebacks. 12 Mile has been good to us, would like to be there now! RE: the braggin' board......I had ripped a 1" strip to complete a doorframe and used the remainder for the board, looks better than laying them on the ground. I'll paint it today if I can get the time. Have a good day, guys.....