Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Running Wire

Post Thanks / Like

Default Running Wire

I have a 1986 Alumincraft and need to run a wire from the starting battery to the front of the boat for a fishfinder but cannot figure how to get the wire to the front.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Is there an existing wire? If so, you can tie off the new wire to the old (or 2 or 3) and pull the old wire out, pulling the new wire in. If this is possible, the trick is to keep the tie off point as small in diameter as possible and as smooth as possible so it doesn't get hung up.

Other than that, fish tape, is your friend, but you won't have much fun with it. Again, keep the end as small and smooth as possible.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

I needed to do the same thing awhile back. If your boat has a gunnel channel, use a fish tape from the back end to the front end inside the channel. It also protects the wires. I pulled 3 sets of wires at one time. I needed 2 sets, one extra for a spare set. My channel didn't have any blockages. Worked great.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Both great ideas, think I will try the fishtape from the rear first.

Thanks again