Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The Bite Is On!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Bite Is On!!

The fishing seems to be picking up for JusFshn.. Fished Monday afternoon til dark and caught fish at every one of my honeyholes at Brookville.. Many of them were over 11"!!! Caught them on my new favorite jig body.. BPS crappie beavertails.. The baitshop I stop at one the way to the lake was out of bass and crappie minnows.. I thought to myself.. "Self you just wasted your time coming out to this place without any minners.." Boy was I wrong.. I think I am going to skip the baitshop the next couple trips to see if it was a fluke.. Caught one limit before a buddy of mine met me at the boatramp around 4pm.. Ended up catching another limit before dark!! My buddy was a little discouraged since he is new to jig fishing for Crappie... They just kept eating his lunch and he would never set the hook.. I kept telling if he think about too long then he would get RAILED.. Lets just say he left the lake scratching his head... You can only coach someone for so long until they get aggrevated.. He technique was looking better towards the end of the night anyway.. At least he was keeping his line tight.. I think he was expecting the fish to take his rod out of his hand.. Good Times!

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on the catch he will pick it up give him time
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

Hey JusFshn, have you tried the 1.5" YUM Wooly Beavertails yet? If you like the BPS ones, you would probably love the YUM. I use them when I am vertical jigging, usually the black/chart or black/pink. I found some in firetiger I've yet to try, but they look good. I believe that the YUM scent/flavor, whatever, makes a big difference.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yum

Not yet anyway.. I see myself field testing them when I can get a look at em'.. I know Todd Huckelby uses them religously... I have read some articles about him killing the Crappies with the YUM Beavertails.. I guess you have to order over the internet... Haven't seen them in the store.. I'll have to check to see if they make a 2" version.. I like a larger profile if I am not using a minner tip..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dedawg1149 View Post
    congrats on the catch he will pick it up give him time
    Thx dedawg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JusFshn View Post
    Not yet anyway.. I see myself field testing them when I can get a look at em'.. I know Todd Huckelby uses them religously... I have read some articles about him killing the Crappies with the YUM Beavertails.. I guess you have to order over the internet... Haven't seen them in the store.. I'll have to check to see if they make a 2" version.. I like a larger profile if I am not using a minner tip..
    They have them in the crappie isle at BPS. 1.5" and 2". The 2" are MUCH bigger than the 1.5". Longer and fatter. To me they seem a little too large for most lakes around here. I can see someone like Huckabee using them in the south. I use a Big 1/4 ounce jighead with a #4 hook in it a lot of times when I vertical jig, so the 1.5" have a bigger profile when I'm using them anyway due to the head size. I like to stay in contac with the jig, and the big head doesn't seem to matter to the fish.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpeckWick View Post
    They have them in the crappie isle at BPS. 1.5" and 2". The 2" are MUCH bigger than the 1.5". Longer and fatter. To me they seem a little too large for most lakes around here. I can see someone like Huckabee using them in the south. I use a Big 1/4 ounce jighead with a #4 hook in it a lot of times when I vertical jig, so the 1.5" have a bigger profile when I'm using them anyway due to the head size. I like to stay in contac with the jig, and the big head doesn't seem to matter to the fish.
    Dang , I must be blind.. I have been looking for those things for about a year now.. I can find the Bass sized.. 3-4" but no crappie.. I like the BPS version cause I can skip them underneath tree limbs with the flat sides.. By the design of the YUM it looks like it may not skip across the surface of the water as well..

Post Thanks / Like

The Yum beavertails @BPS....I think they're in the isle with all the crappie tubes. I bought some this past spring.