Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Here's some lake Bryant specks from last sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here's some lake Bryant specks from last sunday.

Caught 35 all together. Really hitting little craws black with red or blue pinchers tightlined about 6ft in 10ft water. Water temp 77 at 6am 85 at 12. Caught bigger ones in little lake bryant. Going to prefish Lake Hernando this sunday for bass tournament next saturday anyone know anything about it. I may bring my speck poles.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Real Nice !
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where

I am not familiar with this lake.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by bnwbassman
    Caught 35 all together. Really hitting little craws black with red or blue pinchers tightlined about 6ft in 10ft water. Water temp 77 at 6am 85 at 12. Caught bigger ones in little lake bryant. Going to prefish Lake Hernando this sunday for bass tournament next saturday anyone know anything about it. I may bring my speck poles.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake bryant

If you take sr 40 through the ocala national forest lake bryant is right before you get to mill dam and half moon on the right.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Bryant again...

Well, went to lake Bryant today and man was it hot. Started out trolling for specks but they were not biting early so I flipped for bass caught nothing but warmouths(big ones) and 1 little bass. By 8:30am started seeing specks hitting out in the lake so I figured i'd better get back to speck fishing. Caught about 15 littles and a couple keepers by 10:00 and man did it warm up felt like 90degees. Well I headed to a side of the lake I had never tried 13ft of water, tightlining about 8- 10ft with a black body charteuse curly tail yum jig tipped with the smallest minnows I had and it was on. I caught 28 keepers and 5 of them went over a pound and a half. Left Byrant about 1:30pm and did not feel like cleaning fish so I gave them to some poor soles who fished the pads all day, they had 4 fish. They couldnt believe I was catching specks in that heat. I was like somekinda spectical at the boat ramp, there were alot on Transplanted yankees there that didnt know you could catch specks in the summer. I told them what do you think they do starve until winter. Anyway that just means more for me. Wish I would have took a pic for you guys. Will bring my camera next time. PS the next florida crappie association tournament is on Lake Griffin next month, It will be held at the ramp in leesburg I will get back to you on the time and date.