Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pressure

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pressure

Don't you just love pressure, Thursday afternoon the wife says, "I have to work at the church Friday and I want to cook fish Sat. for 4 people, go catch me some crappie Friday." Love to be ordered to go fishing, look at the weather report and storms due in Friday afternoon which gives me the morning. Great, I will go back to the 200 yd section of creek where I caught 15 Tuesday morn and be back before the storm comes in. 1st. hour, wind blowing pretty good, boat banging the water and 1 keeper, pressure. Go to a heavier jig and still no luck, got to get out of the wind. Go to a hump at the dam where I had won 2 club tourneys quite a few years ago that had been good, 1 dink, wind picking up. Move to a drop off in the downwind side of an island where I had caught 2 keepers last week and picked up 10 keepers and my reputation. They loved a 2" pink bass assassin, first time I had ever used that bait. Had picked up one pack at a discount store yesterday, got to get more in all the colors.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Steve;;; I Feel for you, But you know what they say, When the going get's tough-- The fish don't bite near like they oughta, Seems like when i starte fishing my normal spot's and arn't finding many i alway's say well i used to catch them over there for a few times but haven't done anygood over there in a good while so i'll troll over there and bam! I'll pick up 10 or 15 nice keepers you just never know what's gonna happen.LOL...

Post Thanks / Like

Yep it never fails when the pressure is on they get lockjaw. Always happens when you take someone that doesn't to fish often and how you always brag up the fishing. Or when it comes tourament time, when you need to boat the big ones that where there yesterday. It never fails..... And sometimes something new is the key.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion