Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jig tubing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jig tubing

Where can I find this tubing? thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

fishing buddy is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I think grousefly makes some like that.

www.slabcrappieguides.com
    Hi Tek Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Baits

fishing buddy is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you get the jigs I sent?

www.slabcrappieguides.com
    Hi Tek Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Baits

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Lol ....

Quote Originally Posted by fishing buddy View Post
    I think grousefly makes some like that.
    Actually, Fishing Buddy ... those ARE Grousefly's :p (Mylar core body on jighead)

Don't know where Paul gets his, but here's some choices :

Barlows Tackle Shop: Browsing Ribbing, Tubing and Sheet Materials

Mylar Cord

Fly Fishing Supplies: Wire

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

WELL IF THIS AIN'T FIXED IT....LOL. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN MEET THE "LITTLE SLICK JIG"!!! THANKS CP for recognizing the workmanship and YES, THOSE ARE MINE...LOL. I get that from several places, Barlows and Janns, to name a few. I am in the process of getting some custom colors to add to the colors already available. They make this stuff in several different grades and sizes and some of it is ALOT better than the others. It makes a SLICK little jig. When you start, it is a tube but as you use it the tubing begins to unravel and you end up with a completely new/different jig than what you start with..lol. That's one of the many reasons it's a LITTLE SLICK JIG...:D I am flattered that some one would want to know how I did something....Thanks Nightprowler64...I appreciate all the effort...GF

Post Thanks / Like

Flytyers have been using that trick for a long time on Salt water fish and as Grouse says it really does work!!!!!!

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fyi

For your information, I found one of these jigs, snaged in my local Ohio lake and thought it was an cool looking little jig. THANKS for the info on where to get some.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nightprowler64 View Post
    For your information, I found one of these jigs, snaged in my local Ohio lake and thought it was an cool looking little jig. THANKS for the info on where to get some.
    I send a bunch of them to Ohio so it may have been one of mine. If you found it snagged then it sounds like they was fishin' in the right place anwyays...lol. Great pic....reminds me of a teacher I had in school...

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink I'll tell ya what ....

first time I saw one of the Little Slick Jigs, it was in a group of various different jigs that Paul had graciously provided for prize presentations at one of our Crappie.com tournaments. Good thing I'm an honest man, or that little guy would have been in my own tacklebox :p
    I liked it, because it seemed to represent a Brook Silverside minnow ... one of the best live bait critters you can use for catching Crappie
    I don't know who ended up getting the Little Slick Jig, in their prize package, but it wasn't me (darnit). I'll have to remember to add that little guy to my next tackle order from P&S Custom Tackle. I know Paul will take care of my tackle wants/needs ... as he always has/does.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Big in Florida around the Harris area, they call them ZIP jigs down there.I tied a mess of them acouple weeks ago.I found the mylar at Sportsman's wharehouse.I used the small and the medium on 1/16 oz jighead.