Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Humminbird Side scan works

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird Side scan works in a sad way

Well side scan does humminbird works, a sad way the story turned out for family of the victom. Read the story below

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...id=25271&rfi=6
    Last edited by TAE73; 05-20-2005 at 08:12 AM.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

That is not the way I would want to see how any piece of electronics work!
    At least they now have some closure.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but if it wasnt for the technology the family would never had closure.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Very true. I am very impressed with the fact that Hummingbird gave this couple the software to help with the search effort.

At least the family will now have some closure.
    Life is what you make of it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    Yes that is what amazed me too. Humminbird did a good thing. Their service has always been very good.

I would love to have one of those new sidescanning sonar units.

I can relate to those scuba divers as I once did that job. We (my diving friends) use to do it for free also. We did it more for the family than anything else. But it's very dangerous work. The currents are strong in the Big Muddy Rivers and you go with the flow and just hope you don't get caught up in some debris. It's very scary work and I understand why they quit backin 2002.

It's truely amazing what the sidescanning sonar and GPS have given to use. In another ten years we may get the price down where everyone can afford on of these new devices.

Humminbird sure has a leg up on the competition these days. I don't think that Garmin or Lowrance have sidescanning sonar units... yet! Hopefully they too will develop this technology for the weekend fishermen and the prices will come down due to the competition.
    That would be awesome to have one of those side-scanning units for sure, but not until the price goes down....glad to see the technology has been used effectively though....I feel bad for the family, but, as many have said, they have a sense of closure now instead of not really knowing what happened.

By the way, you wouldn't be able to talk me into getting into a diver suit into that current and diving down there...I commend you for doing it, but I don't think I could do that.....
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

I was up there getting ready to direct a catfish tournament the day that Dennis and Tammy thought they had found the car. This new unit is amazing.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]