Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How about posting pictures of your rig setups.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking How about posting pictures of your rig setups.

I make hand tied crappie marabou and feather jigs, ice flies, and mini spoons that I use fishing for crappie. You will find diagrams and pictures of my favorite fishing for crappie and Bluegill rig setups. I use dental floss to make my stop knots. I am Shipahoy41. I am also known as "The Crappie Sheriff."

Here are pictures of my favorite fishing for crappie and Bluegill rig setups. How about posting pictures of your favorites. Please visit my website fishin4crappie tips, CD's and jigs - Home for more details. :D

Last edited by shipahoy41; 10-02-2008 at 01:17 PM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Ship

those rigs tell me you have done some walleye fishin' too.
    Yodibuzz

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yodibuzz View Post
    thanks Ship

those rigs tell me you have done some walleye fishin' too.
    Yeppir. On Lake Erie

Post Thanks / Like

Give more info on how to fish the Bold Rig and the floating Jig rig? I am looking at fishing them for Sauger here on the Tn River.
    And also crappie.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Shiloh,

The Bolt Rig is a modification on the old Carolina Rig technique. In this setup you place the sinker and bead between two different barrel swivels, then add your leader and hook.

The idea is to fiesh it tightline style. When the fish picks up the bait they don't feel any resistance and then "Bolt off" with their food. That is when the rig tightens on them at the second barrel swivel and the fish automatically hook themselves. This is a dynamite technique for deep crappie,shellcracker, perch, walleye and channel cats. I'll use one of my micro spoons and tip with a waxworm or red wiggler.

The floating rig does the same thing except you use a floating jighead to lift the bait 6 inches or more off the bottom.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the rig I use spider-rigging which is about all I do except in the spring when I use a jig and pegged float or a sliding float when I have to cast any distance. I peg a 1/4 oz lead with a cut-off rubber band thru it above my jig. The reason I use a rubber band to peg it that you can slide it up and down depending on need and when moving or when you are ready to go home slide it down on your lure and you don't have a lot of line out. If it gets loose on your line grab both end and twist and it will tighten up.

Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff