Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: big crappie small crappie

jjoel Guest

Default big crappie small crappie

is their a way to target big crappie? i fished a pond last night and their were what seeemed like a million small crappie. i dont know if it is just overstocked or if i was just at an area that had small crappie. is their a lure to use to target bigger fish? thanks for any info.

j

Post Thanks / Like

Default big crappie

Wish I new the big crappie secret, seems parts of lakes hold more big fish than others, same can be said for boat docks too..........you might try fishing alittle deeper in the pond to catch bigger crappie or try a 2 or 3 inch tube or shad body. If they are all small in the pond start keeping every one you catch, if they over populate there isnt enough food in the ecosystem to support them they will be stunted.........and may never get big.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjoel
    is their a way to target big crappie? i fished a pond last night and their were what seeemed like a million small crappie. i dont know if it is just overstocked or if i was just at an area that had small crappie. is their a lure to use to target bigger fish? thanks for any info.

j
    Try this website: jandjhabitat.com
    This will attract the crappie. I'm amazed at how well these attractors really work. I've been catching bigger fish around these attractors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieOutlaw
    Wish I new the big crappie secret, seems parts of lakes hold more big fish than others, same can be said for boat docks too..........you might try fishing alittle deeper in the pond to catch bigger crappie or try a 2 or 3 inch tube or shad body. If they are all small in the pond start keeping every one you catch, if they over populate there isnt enough food in the ecosystem to support them they will be stunted.........and may never get big.
    I've really had good luck with them. A product I truly recommend!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spongebob
    I've really had good luck with them. A product I truly recommend!
    the guy from J&J Habitat was giving away free samples. I don't know if he still is but it would be worth a try. I got one and it worked for me.

Post Thanks / Like

A guy makes fish attractors that work well for crappie. He was giving away free samples. I got one and it really worked. the website is J&J habitat.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default alright

Alright Spongebob, what is the deal? Do you get a cut from the sale of these attractors or what? Every post I see is the same ol' thing. If joel throws these in a pond with small crappie i really dont see the bigger fish flocking to those PVC attractors. With that said we did put some of these out last fall and hope they turn out good this year, i have been told that they have to grow some "green stuff" on the pvc to work, we will see...............

Post Thanks / Like

Alright Spongebob, what is the deal? Do you get a cut from the sale of these attractors or what? Every post I see is the same ol' thing. If joel throws these in a pond with small crappie i really dont see the bigger fish flocking to those PVC attractors. With that said we did put some of these out last fall and hope they turn out good this year, i have been told that they have to grow some "green stuff" on the pvc to work, we will see...............

I look at all the post that Spongebob has made; it looks like all he wants to do is use this site as a place to do some free marketing. I don’t mind someone plugging a product that they have an interest in, or just one they really feel is a help, but when out of 11 posts on all subjects and all he has to say is try these great attractors is a little much. He must just be using this site for free advertisement. Out of the 11 posts all are an advertisement of these fish attractors and 8 were on threads had nothing to do with fish attractors before his post, and today I guess sales was down last week because he posted several in a row not only on this thread but also one on the main board.
    Last edited by stray; 07-31-2005 at 09:18 PM.

may your livewells stay full, and your rods stay bent.

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stray
    I look at all the post that Spongebob has made; it looks like all he wants to do is use this site as a place to do some free marketing. I don’t mind someone plugging a product that they have an interest in, or just one they really feel is a help, but when out of 11 posts on all subjects and all he has to say is try these great attractors is a little much. He must just be using this site for free advertisement. Out of the 11 posts all are an advertisement of these fish attractors and 8 were on threads had nothing to do with fish attractors before his post, and today I guess sales was down last week because he posted several in a row not only on this thread but also one on the main board.
    Didn't mean to offend anyone, but I'm not what you call a computer pro. I replied to some of the messages but when I didn't see my reply I repeated it, MISTAKE I now see. I'm fairly new to the board myself and I'm still learning how it works.
    I just wanted to recommend a product that I thought was good and that has worked for me.
    After this, I might take a computer course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spongebob
    Didn't mean to offend anyone, but I'm not what you call a computer pro. I replied to some of the messages but when I didn't see my reply I repeated it, MISTAKE I now see. I'm fairly new to the board myself and I'm still learning how it works.
    I just wanted to recommend a product that I thought was good and that has worked for me.
    After this, I might take a computer course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There’s no need in a computer course. If you aren’t using this message board only for free advertisement I apologize, that’s how it looked to me. I just would think that someone reading thru the boards and making 11 post would have had more than one thing to talk about.

may your livewells stay full, and your rods stay bent.

Kevin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast