Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 9/28 archery

Post Thanks / Like

Default 9/28 archery

went sunday afternoon for the first time and im 0 for 1 missed a turkey at 45 yards shot under it seen 30 turkeys and 0 deer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 78mudbug View Post
    went sunday afternoon for the first time and im 0 for 1 missed a turkey at 45 yards shot under it seen 30 turkeys and 0 deer
    Don't be too hard on yourself for missing the turkey. 45 yards on a turkey, even a big one, is tough.

I went Saturday morning, Saturday evening, and Sunday morning. We saw lots of deer driving in while it was still dark, but nothing during the day.

The first morning, my younger cousin got the willies about walking to his stand by himself in the dark and asked me to sit with him. I did and we had deer all around us, but it was still dark. They moved on before light. That afternoon it was hot and the deer were laying low. Sunday morning I got lost in the dark and made a ton of racket finding my way to my stand :o. I think I cleared the woods cause I sure didn't see anything.

I thought they'd be moving around more, but it looks like they're only moving at night in my woods. One big factor is the mast this year. West TN has acorns the size of plums, muskedons the size of concord grapes, hackberries all over the place, and persimmons around every corner; so there's just no reason for them to move around much. I'm hoping for a little more movement when it cools off.

All of that to say, I'm 0 for 3.
    Mistah Kurtz - he dead
    A penny for the Old Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow.

I cant believe you missed a chip shot like that! J/K. I wouldnt have even tried that shot I dont think.