Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: questions on hosting jig swap

Post Thanks / Like

Question questions on hosting jig swap

i would like to know just what a hosts duties are as involved with thehjig swap.
    i'm sure it is alot of work making sure all jigs arrive and getting them mailed out .
    but what i would like to know is when someone sends you jigs lets just say 10 jigs for 10 people does everyone get one of those jigs and so on with all the other entries so when you got your box back you would have 10 differant jigs from 10 differant people.
    just interested .

just started tying but like they say if you don't know ask.

i don't want to over step my bounds and like someone said .

i am interested in doing the swap but would like to just participate in one or so before i would want to host one . but just had them questions .

thanks, Sorry so full of questions ,

Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Scott, where do you live in Western Md? I live in Purcellville on the other side of the river from you.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

i live in western md garrett county close to cumberland

fishing buddy is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested also kindda same questions as you. Well maybe we can fiqure all this out and get to swapping:

www.slabcrappieguides.com
    Hi Tek Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Baits

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by scoremaster View Post
    i would like to know just what a hosts duties are as involved with thehjig swap.
    i'm sure it is alot of work making sure all jigs arrive and getting them mailed out .
    but what i would like to know is when someone sends you jigs lets just say 10 jigs for 10 people does everyone get one of those jigs and so on with all the other entries so when you got your box back you would have 10 differant jigs from 10 differant people.
    just interested .

just started tying but like they say if you don't know ask.

i don't want to over step my bounds and like someone said .

i am interested in doing the swap but would like to just participate in one or so before i would want to host one . but just had them questions .

thanks, Sorry so full of questions ,

Scott
    Scott it's not a very difficult job to be the swapmiester.And it does come with some very nice perks I did it the last swap,not nearly as well as Fowlmood,(thanks again for getting this started) but collecting the jigs and repackaging to send back out was it.
    Once the pattern has been established,every one will tie X # of the same jig to send back out.The jigs haven't been too specific.I think the first swap only required maribou,and the second swap was your favorite spring jig.That way we got to see lots of variations and styles.

Trying to take pics of all the jigs that were submitted and give proper credit was the toughest part of the job.

If someone would like to get it going, just start a thread to see who would want to join,including a cut off date for sign ups,and we can get it rolling.

Glad to see this getting fired up again !!!
    "Only Death will end my love affair with Texas"........... Bob Bullock

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info rad am interested but hate to host one first time out but am all set to partisipate in one for sure.

thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to take pics of all the jigs that were submitted and give proper credit was the toughest part of the job.
    Do what we fly swap folks do, use a toe tag!! Just a slip of paper with your screen name, email address, and what you call it. Easy to make on your computer and slip one on each hook. You'll know exactly who tied it.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Do what we fly swap folks do, use a toe tag!! Just a slip of paper with your screen name, email address, and what you call it. Easy to make on your computer and slip one on each hook. You'll know exactly who tied it.

Fatman
    We do use tags fatman.I was trying to say the hardest part of the swapmiester job is taking pics of all the jigs and trying to post them with the propper tier's info.prolly didnt come out right
    "Only Death will end my love affair with Texas"........... Bob Bullock

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to see the interest in a swap die out, I might be interested in hosting a swap if there is enough interest and no objections.

Post Thanks / Like

just make a post and that should get it started

i'm interested in a swap first time

scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast