Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fall Pattern

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall Pattern

We fished Paintcreek Sun morning ,caught about a dozen crappie ,i think they have started into the fall pattern. we never kept any ,I will try to confirm this pattern with however many trips it takes .

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Rocky Fork yesterday eve from 5:30 -7:30 ,no crappie ,water temp 73deg.caught 2 white bass couple of bluegill.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at EF Sunday afternoon, it was tough fishing.

However, I put a new trolling motor on the boat and Sunday was the maiden voyage. I went to digital....SWEET!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Digital & Remote?

Does digital mean that it is also remote controlled. We have the remote controlled trolling motor and it really it a time saver. Can be anywhere on the boat and you can tap a button and take it where you want to go.

Post Thanks / Like

I put a on Motorguide Tour Series 54#, it's foot control not remote steering. I think the only thing digital is the speed control. Instead of having 5 speeds, it's more like a dimmer switch. I liked how I could fine tune the speed. I had a 70# 24v on the boat for a few years but it was just too much trolling motor for the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I put a digital Minnkota Power Drive V2 55# thrust on my Tracker last year. The dimmer style speed control is nice. Is your MG a cable steer, or is the steering motorized?
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I got the cable steering. I feel it's just quicker to react. How do you like that powerdrive?

I had a Mk powerdrive 15 years ago. I think it was probably one of the first attemps at the powerdrive. I didn't like how long it took to make turns and I had ALOT of problems w/the foot control. This was in the early 90's. I know alot of people like the powerdrives and I'm sure they have to be made alot better now. I could see why crappie-pickgal would like the remote steering, that does seem like a nice feature. Being glued to that front seat is the one thing I don't like about standard foot controls.

I just feel I have such better control with a regular foot control. I have an old Eagle silent-sixty flasher mounted to the TM. I learned reading flashers long before graphs came out and i can "see" fish on it as well as my graph but the signal responds quicker on the flasher. If I am trying to fish in 10-12 FOW, I can follow the debth fairly easily with a standard foot control. I also went back to a 12 volt system. My last TM was a 70# 24 volt MG, it was just too big for my boat. I had a problem with the onboard battery charger last summer and only 1 of the 2 batteries got charged. I was done fishing when I got to the lake. I decided right then, that when I bought the new trolling motor that it would be a 12 volt. I will still run 2 batteries, but if there is a problem with one battery, I can still fish. The steering cable on this unit is different than my it was on my other MG's and it much more flexible. That was the one thing I did like about that old powerdrive. It just had an electric cord to the foot control, very flexible and I could put it anywhere in the boat.
    Last edited by crappiemax; 10-05-2008 at 02:28 AM. Reason: some MK's to MG's

Post Thanks / Like

I like the powerdrive, but I wish I had gone cable steering myself. The response time is not so bad once you get a good feel for the steering, but I don't really like the noise the steering motor makes. I'm not sure it spooks the fish, but I try not to steer much in shallow water if I can help it. When I get another TM, it will definitely be cable steer. Mine is a 12 volt. The one thing I really like about the PD V2 is the digital optimizer feature. It is designed to use less of your charge on your battery, and it does just that. I can use my TM all day without noticing any decrease in power, even in strong wind. It also has that long pedal cord, though I rarely move off the front deck.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Info on our trolling motor & one for sale

We installed a MK V-drive 55# trolling motor with remote. The remote is no larger than the keyless openers that you have for your cars and we wear it on a lanyard around our necks. Reacts quickly and it only takes 1/2 a second to click it.

If anyone is interested, we have a 46# motorguide with foot control trolling motor that came with our new Lowe boat and was only used a few times before we bought the remote motor. Price is $200.

Post Thanks / Like

that's a good price on the 46# MG, it should sell quick
    Last edited by crappiemax; 10-05-2008 at 02:26 AM. Reason: spelling