Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Checkers????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Checkers????

Do any of y'all have the same problem as I'm havin? I got a crappie checker, on of the clear plastic measurin devices, that ya drop ya crappie into and see the length. It won't measure crappie over 10 1/2 inches, cause the ones we catch here on Buggs Island won't go down into it. they either too thick or too wide to get their nose to the bottom of the checker. tried the clear one and a green one I got at a Crappie Masters tourney this yr. we usually keep 11+ inchers and have to use a Golden Rule, that I been measurin LMB with, cause that size won't fit in the crappie measurers. do the folks that make these catch skinny crappie or what?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishdoc View Post
    Do any of y'all have the same problem as I'm havin? I got a crappie checker, on of the clear plastic measurin devices, that ya drop ya crappie into and see the length. It won't measure crappie over 10 1/2 inches, cause the ones we catch here on Buggs Island won't go down into it. they either too thick or too wide to get their nose to the bottom of the checker. tried the clear one and a green one I got at a Crappie Masters tourney this yr. we usually keep 11+ inchers and have to use a Golden Rule, that I been measurin LMB with, cause that size won't fit in the crappie measurers. do the folks that make these catch skinny crappie or what?
    Yep.......our length limit is 12", and 99% of the fish to be checked won't fit in the Frabil checker, or the green one. I've seen many stocky 10-1/2" fish that wouldn't go.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

good problem t have!@!@!@!

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw a similar discussion on here a while back for this same thing. Someone was using something called a Fish Taco.. that seemed to work rather well.

Post Thanks / Like

Get a couple of small stainless steel rulers and mount them on the floor or side of the boat near the live well.
    Make sure the measurements are grooved so that you can still read them once the paint wears off.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

take a framing square and golden rule measuring stick or what ever you have and just re-scribe the lines down towards the head,make several scribes to mark the board good then take white jig head paint can cover the scribe,,as the paint wears off it will still be in the groove you made,,,fuzzy
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

One guy here in Kansas made a paddle where the body is 10" the length limit on most lakes here. If it is a legal fish, into the basket...too small into the water. I am starting not like the checkers as most of the crappie i catch just don't want to stick their noses in it very well:D

The paddle had 3/4' edges on the sides and back
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the cooler rooler.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Golden rule here as well. I don't take chances...

Post Thanks / Like

Grip n Check ,green cup
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast