Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just got back from my Caribou Hunt in Quebec

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just got back from my Caribou Hunt in Quebec

Just got back yesterday from my Caribou hunt in Quebec. It did not disappoint. It was everything I wanted it to be. It was an extreme adventure!

It took my buddy and I 33 hours drive each way to get to the main lodge. Then a 2 hour flight from there in a float plane to get to camp.

The last 5 hours drive was on a gravel road in the middle of no where.

Here we are in the plane

Here is the camp

The mornings are beautiful

The terrain was rough and rocky

The mornings would start by taking a boat ride looking for animals and/or climbing mountains ( I would call them ridges) and glassing for animals. I took my bow, but they proved hard to get within bow range. I took my first bull with my T/C Encore at 260 yards.

Here is the sucessful boat ride camp. A hunter from PA also took a bull that evening.

Here is my rack back at the camp. This bull had a real nice shovel.

The next day we seen a wolf

The herd was scattered and we had not really seen the migration at this point. On the next to last day, a guy from PA and I both shot a bull. This is my second bull. The migration moved in later that afternoon and the last day, but I was tagged out. Here is my second bull. I shot this bull at 210 yards.

Here I am carrying the rack of my second bull back down the mountain.

Here I am with my two bulls and my buddy with his bull. My second bull had double shovels.

It was every bit the adventure I had hoped it would be. I will never forget it. I took my bow and rifle. It was hard to get into bow range. However after I tagged out and the migration came, I truly belive that a person could hide next to rock and get a shot. However, I am still really thrilled to get both with a rifle.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pics lungbuster,thanks for sharing.The wolf photo looks CLOSE,,were you that close to him???
    HEY,,WATCH THAT YELLOW ROD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    Nice pics lungbuster,thanks for sharing.The wolf photo looks CLOSE,,were you that close to him???

Not real close, probably 150 yards. It was cool. We seen him swimming while we were riding in the boat. He seen us and got out of the water and ran back the way he came.

Post Thanks / Like

He is about the same color as the rocks.What outfitter did you hunt with?I have some family members and friends that have been with safrai nodrik two times for caribou and 3 times for bear.
    HEY,,WATCH THAT YELLOW ROD

Post Thanks / Like

I'll I can say is wow! ...and I'm jealous.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing. Just seeing the country would be worth the trip I bet.

Congrats on the two nice bulls.
    Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    He is about the same color as the rocks.What outfitter did you hunt with?I have some family members and friends that have been with safrai nodrik two times for caribou and 3 times for bear.

I booked the hunt in 2006 with Mirage Outfitters who has since been bought by Safari Nordik.