Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The Bit is ON!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Bit is ON!!!

Looks like these short bursts of cool weather has sparked the crappie in north Louisiana. Caught 29 this morning and even though the bit is still a little slow it was well worth the wait.

Had never used the silver sparkle crappie nibbles before this morning but the fish seemed to go for them in front of a Rosy Red. The jig and shinner combo worked fair as well
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tommy,

Nice mess! How was the meat this time? Have you noticed any large scale insect hatches recently, like cicadas or anything? Something like that could be causing the yellow meat. I sure hope it is something natural that will pass quickly and not pollution.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Hey Tommy,

Nice mess! How was the meat this time? Have you noticed any large scale insect hatches recently, like cicadas or anything? Something like that could be causing the yellow meat. I sure hope it is something natural that will pass quickly and not pollution.
    Hi Jerry,

Out of those 29, I had 3 fish that exhibited the discoloration. Two ended up in the gut bucket. The other wasn't that bad. I am still seeing traces of the yellowing around the Peck and dorsal fins which looks to be some sort of parasite. That problem seems to be getting better as well. After removing whats left of the fins after filleting, the fillet looks really good.
    No large insect hatches that we've noticed. Could have been something that pasted through this spring while I wasn't here.
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!