Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Flotation removal????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flotation removal????

I recently bought a 2001 F&F 1752 model tiller steer. I am having trouble with finding the room in the back to install a third battery. It has flotation pods on both sides between the transom and the rear bench that extend out about 12" from the sides.. I am thinking about removing them to make some more room back there. Has any one ever done this? Will affect my bouyancy under normal conditions? I know it will sink faster but will it sit any different in the water wiithout them? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slimeyslab View Post
    I recently bought a 2001 F&F 1752 model tiller steer. I am having trouble with finding the room in the back to install a third battery. It has flotation pods on both sides between the transom and the rear bench that extend out about 12" from the sides.. I am thinking about removing them to make some more room back there. Has any one ever done this? Will affect my bouyancy under normal conditions? I know it will sink faster but will it sit any different in the water wiithout them? Thanks
    it wont effect the bouyancy at all or the way it sits but if you take on water it will sink just make sure your bilge pump works
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

No problem removing the foam, but keep in mind the pods are also structural members in the boat, not just to contain the foam.

Post Thanks / Like

You might check towards the front of your boat to see if there is room up there. I would hate to see you sink a boat for another battery in a worst case scenario.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Post Thanks / Like

These pods are not structural as they are not even attached to the transom and they are only tack welded in only a few spots. Under the entire front deck and floor from front to back is filled with foam as well as the entire rear bench. The pods I am thinking about removving have only a few pieces of foam in each one.