Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lowrance 332c users..question????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowrance 332c users..question????

I have a question for any of you that are using a lowrance 332c. I got it all installed last night, boy am I tickled so far. Amazing what you see in color. But to my question, the gps would only get a accuracy of 75ft to 90ft. Now this was some what cover by woods which might be the problem. But just curious to what you normally get on the accuracy of your unit. My garmin around the house gets 15-20 ft accuracy. I didnt turn the garmin on to see what it was getting to compare it to. I will be giving it a full test on friday evening and sat morning. Any input will be gladdy taken. Also I have never seen a thicker manual for something than this lowrance...wow several hours of reading. One nice thing is that lowrance has simulators for all there units that you can run off your computer. So I have been tinkering for sometime with it.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

TAE73, I got the 332C this spring an am equally tickled. I have worked it hard the last 5 weekends trying to build upon a topo map for a new lake I started fishing. I have marked several waypoints of structure I have found and then went back and looked for them. I would have to say it's easily accurate to within 8' or less. Most items I can find on the first or second pass. But there is one not very well explained feature that is critical. Make sure your WAAS is turned on. When it's not turned on you would be lucky to come within 30 ft of your target. The only other thing I could ask of the 332 is to fillet the fish. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    I have a question for any of you that are using a lowrance 332c. I got it all installed last night, boy am I tickled so far. Amazing what you see in color. But to my question, the gps would only get a accuracy of 75ft to 90ft. Now this was some what cover by woods which might be the problem. But just curious to what you normally get on the accuracy of your unit. My garmin around the house gets 15-20 ft accuracy. I didnt turn the garmin on to see what it was getting to compare it to. I will be giving it a full test on friday evening and sat morning. Any input will be gladdy taken. Also I have never seen a thicker manual for something than this lowrance...wow several hours of reading. One nice thing is that lowrance has simulators for all there units that you can run off your computer. So I have been tinkering for sometime with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VietVet68
    TAE73, I got the 332C this spring an am equally tickled. I have worked it hard the last 5 weekends trying to build upon a topo map for a new lake I started fishing.
    I take it you are talking about the createmap software? If so, can you inliten me on it some more. I did not purchase that software, I did purchase the hotspots map. Only to find the channels breaks quicker and for running in heavly wooded areas. Maybe down the road I will look into that software.

I do know that some of gps sats where getting wasp they had the star above the bar.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    I take it you are talking about the createmap software? If so, can you inliten me on it some more. I did not purchase that software, I did purchase the hotspots map. Only to find the channels breaks quicker and for running in heavly wooded areas. Maybe down the road I will look into that software.

I do know that some of gps sats where getting wasp they had the star above the bar.
    No, I didn't get any software, I have a hard copy of my topo on my computer, I have plotted my own grids and keep it marked up with my finds. Using waypoints I have created "tracks", if I decide to follow a creek channel, I bring up that track, if I want to follow a 20' contour line, I bring up that track. I learned along time ago, most purchased topo's are only as good as you make them.

There is a menu that you can bring up that says something to the extent of
    "force WAAS", you want that. I have no idea why Lowrance didn't make that a default. Without it you are only using the old technology. The accuracy depends on how many SAT's you can lock on to. Big difference between locking onto 3 SATs or 6 SATs, sometimes a treeline can block a SAT or two, but you can only deal with the info you get. I had one point that I took several hours to plot because I was determined to plot it with more than three SAT's. Hopefully by the end of the summer I'll know where the last fish farted....

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully by the end of the summer I'll know where the last fish farted....

Don't you just need a good nose for that? LOL
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Hopefully by the end of the summer I'll know where the last fish farted....

Don't you just need a good nose for that? LOL
    Nope, the new Lowrance's leave a small cloud of purple smoke, the more vivid the purple, the fresher the fart, plus or minus 3 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up been watchin...

Quote Originally Posted by VietVet68
    Nope, the new Lowrance's leave a small cloud of purple smoke, the more vivid the purple, the fresher the fart, plus or minus 3 hours.
    ......VV you are one crazy sick puppy......you can fish with me anytime!!! :D
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........