Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fog and other stories

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fog and other stories

The Crappie Slayers tournament launched out of State Park Marina along with at least 2 other bass tournments. This morning was the first time we had been in that particular area. We had start #2 so as we headed out this morning with one other boat in front of us, we turned left to head toward Bucksaw. We had in mind to go up the river from Bucksaw and try to catch some of those really big slabs.

Mother Nature had another idea. Just as we rounded the corner we headed into fog so thick you couldn't see more than 8-10 ft ahead of you and we could no longer see that boat that was ahead of us. Being unfamiliar with that area and having no trail to follow we made the decision to stop and idle back to the marina following the trail we had just started and wait for the fog to lift. On the way back to the marina, we saw the same boat 3 times - I think they were lost in the fog.

That was one of the most un-nerving experiences we have had on the water.

I'd be interested in hearing some of other members experiences.

from Mrs JJ

Post Thanks / Like

Mr JJ says - GPS doesn't do a bit of good when you can't see it to read it

He has a story about rods being dropped in the lake:rolleyes: but I will let him share that story.

Mr JJ didn't have a very good day today I outfished him big time....but what else is new

Post Thanks / Like

wow J J's it can get pretty scary in the fog. I dont have a truman lake story, but I once ran up on a sand bar in grenada lake in mississippi because of the fog. 1 rookie and dale were right behing me. bad thing that fog. congrats on the fishing to you and the misses. later
    Last edited by beagle man; 09-28-2008 at 01:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle you used that no no word [mississippi] Is that the trip beagle was introduced to the police??

Post Thanks / Like

No stories to tell either, but have done the same thing , started out and quickly came back. JJ, now lets have the rest of the story.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think JJ will be bragging about his floating rods any longer!

Post Thanks / Like

Bloop! Man, I hate that sound.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Pole Bender the rods do float just not the 7ft rod. I will be talking to Todd Huckabee about that also. If you remember correctly you bought our lunch one day because you didnt believe me. :p

Jim it wasnt a plop.:o I was showing Shockley that they float & I had my 7ft rod that I use around docks some times so being the show off as PB called me I laid it down in the water and it sank like a rock. I stood in shock for a moment and it was gone. Shockley & myself tried to retreive it but no luck. So a local around the dock got a grab hook and fished it out in notime. I thanked him & put it away. :DI would tell you what Mrs JJ said but this is a family sight.That was one of my dumber moves but lesson well learned.

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. JJ,

Thanks for a great laugh. We got a kick out of that all day long!!!

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry Gary. I'm positive that's not the only fishing rod that has hit the bottom of Truman lake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast