Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hills Creek State Park -

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Hills Creek State Park -

Another local fishing hole I have not yet visited but plan to soon, I hear it is mostly a trout stocked lake. Any stories on the crappie population? These sunny days should be warming some coves in the local lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Big Zig; 05-19-2005 at 12:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

nice link - now I may have to move that trip closer to the top of the list. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Just got off the phone with the office at the park to verify the paperwork needed to launch my kayak. Can't believe they charge to put something in the water that I can carry from the parking lot to any waters edge! Oh well, just another cost of the chossen hobby.

Non-motorized boat 'launch permit' good at any state park - $5/7day - $15/yr, $28/2yr.
    With any luck I'll be able to catch some perch that are actually worth cleaning, unlike Cowanesque where they seem to stop growing at about 7 inches. No motorized vehicles on the water :D quite fishing even on holidays!

Post Thanks / Like

I just checked out Hills Creek State Park today. Pretty nice little park with some nice camping areas. They also have some nice fully equiped cabins, bath, shower, stove, fridge, etc. I think the wife and I are going to get one for 4 days in late Sept. Sunday's thru Thursdays they are $47.00 a night. We usually tent camp. but these cabins are NICE! We will be able to hit the lake at the campground, and the 3 Army Corps lakes are within 15 miles too. Depending on how the 4 days go there, we may run over to Kinzua Reservior for the Fri, Sat and Sunday to finish the week off. Come on cool weather, I've about had it with the heat.