Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sugar Camp this evening

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Sugar Camp this evening

We spent a couple of hours fishing off the pier at Sugar Camp tonight after Doug got home from work. He found a pocket of small male crappie - or he was catching the same one over and over ;-) - 13 or 14 for him. I caught one crappie about the same size and a baby largemouth. Something bit my jig in two right after I caught the bass - probably a saugeye since a number of people at the camp were catching them.

Most of the crappie were caught on a pink/chart tube on a white head and a couple were caught on other stuff. All jigs were tipped with either a waxie or a red sparkle crappie nibble. A guy near us caught one small crappie on a minnow under a bobber.

We're planning on going out in the boat this w/e - maybe we'll find some big girls. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sugar Camp

I'm headed up sat morning roberta. I'll be in a brown lowe with an 8 hp johnson motor. Mabey I'll see you up there. They otta be bitin'

Post Thanks / Like

Default We'll be there, too

We're planning on heading out in the morning. We have a 9.4 green and beige "BassHound" two man boat with a MinnKota transom trolling motor. Weather looks good except for easterly winds. BTW, I read in the paper this morning that there will be boat inspections at the ramp between 10 and noon, so be sure you have all your paperwork and gear. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat check

My dad and I got checked 2 weeks ago. Only thing I didn't have is a distress flag. I have one now though. Good luck cya there!!