Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ice!

I thought this was important enough to put on the main board, but if you want to move it that is ok. I just wanted the most people to recieve the information. This is a great idea! Can't believe it hasn't been thought of before.

Apparently this is a standard procedure all paramedics follow at the scene of an accident when they come across your cell phone.

ICE - 'In Case of Emergency'

We all carry our mobile phones with names & numbers stored in its memory but nobody, other than ourselves, knows which of these numbers belong to our closest family or friends.

If we were to be involved in an accident or were taken ill, the people attending us would have our mobile phone but wouldn't know who to call. Ye s, there are hundreds of numbers stored but which one is the contact person in case of an emergency? Hence this 'ICE' (In Case of Emergency) Campaign.

The concept of 'ICE' is catching on quickly. It is a method of contact during emergency situations. As cell(mobile) phones are carried by the majority of the population, all you need to do is store the number of a contact person or persons who should be contacted during emergency under the e name 'ICE' ( In Case Of Emergency).

The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with patients, but they didn't know which number to call. He therefore thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognized name for this purpose. In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital Staff would be able to quickly contact the right person by simply dialing the number you have stored as 'ICE.'

For more than one contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 etc. A great idea that will make a difference!

Let's spread the concept of ICE by storing anICE numberin our Mobile phones today!

Please forward this. It won't take too many 'forwards' before everybody will know about this. It really could save your life, or put a loved one's mind at rest. ICE will speak for you when you are not able to.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Great ideal--going to put them in now
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good idea--got the number fixed in my phone.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Yep widely used up here in Illinois by paramedics. But state officials can't find their Arst...........
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

Post Thanks / Like

Up here police said to put 911 next to the contacts name.
    Same thing, only different.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Used in Arkansas a BUNCH. I think it is a great idea. Is that not what the device is for...to communicate?

Thanks for the reminder. Everyone: Make the entries into your phones; it can't hurt.

aj

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yep

Iv'e had a ICE number, actually, two of them, in my phone for a couple years now. Actually up here in N Illinois they were running ads on electonic billboards suggesting people to do this. Still see an ad for it every now and then.
    Crappie spawning and morels popping up at the same time. What was God thinking when he made that schedule. It's pure torture every spring deciding which to do.

Post Thanks / Like

great idea,and thanks for the post
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

Post Thanks / Like

great ideal
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast