Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just to let yall know.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just to let yall know.

I have been keeping up with the goings on in here, even though I have not posted much here for a while. Just got computer back and the power has been on 3 days straight now, so things are looking up.
    Here in Conroe, Texas (right on the lake) the west eye wall of Ike came right over us. Raised some cain and headed up your way, I hear. Hope all is well in MO. and everyone is doing good and back to normal by now.
    Just wanted to say hi to all my buds up there and to let ya know we made it through ok.
    Dusty
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear that you made it through safely, CD. Keep on postin.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

glad to here all is well.
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

glad to hear you guys are ok dusty,,,
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear Dusty i bet things got hairy down your way for a while,all we got was a bunch more rain we really didn't need but things are about back to normal now.....stay in touch old friend.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the replys.

Everything is back on track. Even got some fresh fish in the freezer. I fed a lot of people having a fish fry when the freezer started thawin out. Told all the maintenance people, housekeeping gals, office personnel and the only 2 sets of residents (my up stairs neighbors) that I was gonna cook till it was gone. No hushpuppies, slaw or beans, just taters and fish till it was all fryed up on the outdoor fryer. Plenty of smiling faces after 3.5 hours of steady cooking. They was looking for a bucket to put some tips in and told them that I would lot rather cook, feed and enjoy the company than to just throw it all away. Never been a hoarder, never gonna be. It was truely worth it.
    Took some pics during the 70-80 mph winds in the eye wall. AND, what is a true fisherman gonna do when he lives on the water with no power and nothing else to do....well, fish of course. The pic is kinda dark, but that is a 2 lb channel caught during the highest part of the whole thing.
    Hope the pics come out. Just wanted ya to see what it was like.
    Dusty
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by centerdriver View Post
    Everything is back on track. Even got some fresh fish in the freezer. I fed a lot of people having a fish fry when the freezer started thawin out. Told all the maintenance people, housekeeping gals, office personnel and the only 2 sets of residents (my up stairs neighbors) that I was gonna cook till it was gone. No hushpuppies, slaw or beans, just taters and fish till it was all fryed up on the outdoor fryer. Plenty of smiling faces after 3.5 hours of steady cooking. They was looking for a bucket to put some tips in and told them that I would lot rather cook, feed and enjoy the company than to just throw it all away. Never been a hoarder, never gonna be. It was truely worth it.
    Took some pics during the 70-80 mph winds in the eye wall. AND, what is a true fisherman gonna do when he lives on the water with no power and nothing else to do....well, fish of course. The pic is kinda dark, but that is a 2 lb channel caught during the highest part of the whole thing.
    Hope the pics come out. Just wanted ya to see what it was like.
    Dusty
    Good to see things getting better down there, Dusty. I have a good friend that has a house boat on Lake Conroe. Here are a few of the photos that he had me post on his website:

Mike
    "Jackpot"
    Webmaster for: http://www.slabbuster.com and other fine sites.