Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: After school trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default After school trip

Monday when I tucked the kids in I told them if they had a good day in school we would go fishing. Tuesday when I picked them up I didn't have to ask. They ran to the truck and said lets go. So off we went. I heard that the reds had invaded the north part of the ship channel. We started trolling along the banks and it did not take long until we had some action.
    A battle shot.

The victor.

A little while later we had double trouble. You can not smile big enough as you watch an 8 and 5 yr old tackle two reds at the same time.

We only landed one, but there were several more chances like this.
    Not to be outdone by her brother, Kindal shows girls can fight reds too.

She is already talking trash to the fish saying, Is that all you have?

Cutter with his multispoted red.

Kindal had the big fish of the day.

We ended the evening with 7 reds and 3 specks. Not bad for a couple hours.

Mom was not happy about having to do homework late and she said no more trips until the school work is done. I think she was mad because she was not able to go with us. Lets keep that just between us.
    Put a smile on a little face, take a child fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

great post congrats to you for spending time teaching your kids to fish they look so happy ,tell theme those are some awsome reds
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

Default nice

aw man they are hooked thats GREAT

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish there Hookset. Tell them kids congrats! I was going to ask where you were but the bridge in the background tells me you were in my neighborhood! Glad yall had a good day and the storm didn't mess the fishing up there. Thanks for the pictures.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go there HOOKSET. Better take mom out with ya'll next time. Or to keep it from being so late next time, maybe you need to check them out of school at noon. hehe, Congratulations on being the best natural sciences teacher that those kids could have. They learned plenty out on the water.

boatstall
    "Hello, My name is Bill, and I'm a tackleholic"

Post Thanks / Like

Default after school

Shadow, I did not realize the bridge was in the background until this morning. Next time will have to edit the pictureso my spots will not become public:rolleyes:

Boatstall, I never thought about checking them out early. I will have to remember that. We do have a couple of 1/2 days next month. Weather permitting we will be on the water again.

I heard a report today that the wiers south of Heberts are RED hot. My dad talked to 3 guys that limited out and realeased several more in about an hour. Might be worth trying this weekend.
    Put a smile on a little face, take a child fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOOKSET View Post
    Shadow, I did not realize the bridge was in the background until this morning. Next time will have to edit the pictureso my spots will not become public:rolleyes:

Boatstall, I never thought about checking them out early. I will have to remember that. We do have a couple of 1/2 days next month. Weather permitting we will be on the water again.

I heard a report today that the wiers south of Heberts are RED hot. My dad talked to 3 guys that limited out and realeased several more in about an hour. Might be worth trying this weekend.
    Hey Hookset, don't worry about me taking over your hot spots, I have been busy helping my mom and dad strip everything out of their house after the flooding from IKE. As far as the weirs, Heberts is closed but you can launch out of calcasieu point. It is quite abit further but if you go on the island the hours to get on and off are 6:30 to 9:00 AM and Noon to 1:00PM and 4:00 to 6:00 PM. Good luck if yall get to go. I am thinking about throwing my poles and my truck and maybe trying off the side of the road on the way home tomorrow. Probably all the fishing I will get to do for awhile.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

You have a great looking family HOOKSET! They always look like they are having a good time. Kudos to you for spending time with them!:p
    BamaFan

There are two things to aim for in life: First, to get what you want; and after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieves the second. Author unknown, but I like it!

Post Thanks / Like

great catch! two of those are flat out whoppers!
    Son of Racoon, Friend of whiskerwhipper, FHB to all.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, Mac told me how your kids been begging you for 3 weeks to take them fishing, I see you finally got around to it......just kidding with you....... Congrats to all 3 of you on your trip, I knew your dad and them had been tearing them up,its good to see that the kids are getting in on some of the action too. Thanks for the pics, looks like they were having a blast.
    You can't fish with a hung line!