Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pondering again??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pondering again??

I have had some time to ponder in the last 24 hours and a conversation with Buzzy got me to thinking why is the fishing on Stockton so much better around CC than other parts of the lake.

In years past I have been able to catch crappie in Birch Branch, Greaser, Hawker, and other parts of the lake without difficulty. Why this year has the fishing been so tough in those areas? I can not come up with a logical explanation and being myself I keep tring to figure out why? I have considered water level, water color, water temperature, water quality, food source (shad), times of the year, times of the day, number of fish in those areas, would they have migrated, this list goes on but you get my drift.

I am stumped! Anyone have any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a man about to have a brake down, case of ulsers, nervous wreck list goes on and on. The fish are there. Low water for 2 years, fish moved and ain't got back. Don't worry about it things will get better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzzmanmo View Post
    Sounds like a man about to have a brake down, case of ulsers, nervous wreck list goes on and on. The fish are there. Low water for 2 years, fish moved and ain't got back. Don't worry about it things will get better.
    I think you may have nailed that one! I spent 6 hours in the emergency room last night with my son after the football game. Got home around 3 AM. He got dehydrated this time. This is the 3rd trip this year to to the ER. It does give me time to ponder though and ponder I did!:D

Post Thanks / Like

Some body told me the guy's a truman wanted more fish so the people in charge of fish moving came to stockton late one morning in the middle of the night and moved most all the crappies from stockton to truman. wasnt there but I saw the whole thing as it went down. havent had good luck since this didnt happen but will have better luck once if they migrate back in 8years 3days 5hours 4minutes.2seconds. na i was just jokin dont have a clue why it's that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like PoleBender's prescription refill got lost in the mail. Hang on buddy.... Your drugs are on the way! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of folks, including myself, would tell you that the Osage arm hasn't been as good as the Grand on Truman this year. Over the years I've caught more fish on the Big Sac side on Stockton than on the Little Sac. The Pomme arm better than the Lindley for me personally on Pomme de Terre. Could how well you know an area, stay in touch with it, and the confidence I have contribute to that? In my case would say so.

Post Thanks / Like

P B you have way to much time on your hands you need to spend your idle time driving to Truman to catch fish instead of just wishing you could on Stockton:D But as the great (Beagleman) says it will get better.:D

Post Thanks / Like

JJ you are FULL of it! Let's recap last weekend you maybe caught 1 or 2 more keeper fish than I did. It would take twice as much time to drive to Truman for 2 more fish giving you the benefit of catching your limit, so the way I see it I could have fished for 2more hours and would have caught the same amount of fish. I think I will just go to Stockton this weekend and catch my limit! :D

PS don't mess with PB his meds have not arrived in the mail yet!!!:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Bender View Post
    I have had some time to ponder in the last 24 hours and a conversation with Buzzy got me to thinking why is the fishing on Stockton so much better around CC than other parts of the lake.

In years past I have been able to catch crappie in Birch Branch, Greaser, Hawker, and other parts of the lake without difficulty. Why this year has the fishing been so tough in those areas? I can not come up with a logical explanation and being myself I keep tring to figure out why? I have considered water level, water color, water temperature, water quality, food source (shad), times of the year, times of the day, number of fish in those areas, would they have migrated, this list goes on but you get my drift.

I am stumped! Anyone have any thoughts?
    yep,,,,1/2 gal crown and it will become very clear ,,,i think
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I think It will get better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast