Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Central Valley Crappie Spots?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Central Valley Crappie Spots?

I'm new to this website after trying to learn a little more on crappie fishing and came upon it. Any good spots around the Tracy/Mountain House area that people know of? Or at least in the Central Valley and surrounding areas? I've tried a bit on the Delta around here and haven't had the greatest luck...
    Last edited by CW0178; 10-02-2008 at 12:23 PM.

BJC Guest

Are you familiar with Bethany Reservoir? It's off of Byron Hwy. and Bruns rd. not too far from you... I've caught bluegill and channel cats off the dam/rocks there but have talked to guys that say that they get crappie, etc. from the coves to the south but you'll need a boat to get there.

Also heard stories about crappie in Whiskey slough a little north of you. Take Tracy blvd. north till it ends at Hwy. 4. Turn right and go a short distance to the "town" (crossroads) of Holt and turn left and then right (east) again toward the slough. You'll have to check a delta map for the name of those roads... it's been a long time.

Other than that, You might try Franks Tract north of you next to Bethel Island. You will need a boat to get there too but there are a few resorts in that area that will rent them. Hope this helps. Post something if you go...