Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Which Trolling Motor

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which Trolling Motor

I am going to buy a new trolling motor. I have narrowed it down to 2 models. I am looking at the Terrova and the Power Drive V2. What is the difference other than price? Which one would you recommend? I plan to get the wireless control also. Anything to look for or make sure to add?

Post Thanks / Like

Get the autopilot too. If you do any trolling by yourself it sure makes it easy, especially in the wind.

Post Thanks / Like

Power drive with remote.

Post Thanks / Like

i have the powerdrive v2 ,it has done well . my only advice would be get one with enough thrust . i wish i would have !

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with the Terrova I am a A.C.S. for Minn Kota and they took all the faults they had withe the Power Drive with autopilot and took that into consideration when designing
    the Terrova It is a solid unit well worth the extra money since they have been on the market Ive only had a hand full come in for warranty work. And I see alot of motors!!
    Mr. Plucker

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto on the Terrova.Ive had 2 101's and they are great.The foot pedal and the deployment is much better on the Terrove than the Power drives.Ive sold alot of them and have only had one with any problem.PJ

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Power Drive V2 55# Thrust with Auto Pilot and love it. I did have some issues with the deployment, but with the help of some of the guys on here, it now deploys just as good as any trolling motor on the market. Other than the price on the Terrova, although I have never operated one, I am sure it is a good unit also.

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Terrova

If you plan to actually troll baits, you will like the Terrova with Auto Pilot. The wireless key pad has 8 speeds and is not satisfactory for all trolling conditions. The 8 speeds are either too fast or too slow at times. Make sure you get a foot pedal for infinite speed controll.

If you plan to use the wireless key pad most of the time, you may want to get a spare. Mine was defective and finally failed.

Monk Welcome to MonksCrappie.com
    Attached Images Attached Images